talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:03 PM

Default New Festool Compressor

After my compressor decided to race me to the bottom of the stairs I found that this model was discontinued and there was no suitable replacement(Bostich Trim Air) So I stuffed the guts into an avialable systainer and immediatly wished I had done this years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
new-festool-compressor-cimg0012.jpg   new-festool-compressor-cimg0010.jpg   new-festool-compressor-cimg0008.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Default Re: New Festool Compressor

What? No plug it detatchable cord?

Cool. it would be nice to be able to plug in (air and power) without lifting the lid though.

How do you drain the tank?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM

Hi,

Nice. I have seen a couple other set ups like this done with other compressors.

If you lived in Europe you could buy one Prebena | AEROTAINER 200-Compressor in Systainer (3l/0.8gal)

I take it that after the trip down the stairs it still worked?

Seth
Old 04-20-2009, 05:24 AM

There are two notches in the edge of the lid so you can close it when you are using it. But ya a detachable cord would be nice.There is a hole on the side to drain.

Last edited by artacoma; 04-20-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:26 PM

What of a Hubble recessed locking plug? I can't find the cutsheet on it, but it is a male plug that fits inside so that you can hook it up. Mount it on the box and have a special cord to hook up your unit.

did you use spray foam to hold it into place?

On some forum somewhere, it may have been here, there's a Senco compressor stuffed in one. I like the idea in the other thread of having hangers that fit in the sides. I am working on an idea to get everything guns, reloads and compressor on one load. Keep the ideas coming guys.

Last edited by texastutt; 01-21-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Sorry Art, but the mods have to change the thread title. Its not a new Festool compressor, just a compressor whacked in a Systainer. Great job you have done, but very misleading.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM

Ya a detachable cord would be nice , I was going to do a detachable air connection but the only fitting I could find took up too much space inside.
And the title was totally intentional I figured the mods would have changed it long ago.:sdrool