talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer

Festool and Tanos - All Things Systainer Store, transport, organize with Systainers, Sortainers, including custom inserts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 PM

Default Detailed Interior Systainer Dimensions

For more general info see this thread Festool Systainer - Standard

Most of the info is contained in the drawings. But here are some additional notes-

I took the measurements with Woodpecker's Woodworking Rules. If you are building deviders or inserts based soley on these dimensions you should allow 1/32 - 1/16" for differences in measuring tools and manufacturing tolerances.

If you are planning to have something fit into one of the "nooks and cranies" allow 1/16 - 1/8" tolerance. There are a lot of bevels and rounds going into and out of spaces. EX- if making something to fit into a 2" space on the drawing make it 1 7/8" .

In general the sides of Systainers have a slight slope from top to bottom. If you are making deviders it helps to cut the ends with 1/16-1/8" angle.

The locations of the reinforcing ribs along the back bottom are NOT precise in the drawings, but they are close- the center space is the most off. I had trouble getting it to work out to the total on Sketchup. Also the ribs are about 1/16" thick.

The space in the lid varies. Though the lid is about an inch deep there is less than that useable, and in some spots no usable space. The locations and size of the lid ribs, projections and handle are too much to diagram here. Don't count on being able to have items in the Systainer stick up past the top edge of the bottom.

There are three tabs the protrude from the top into the bottom space. They protrude 3/16" down into the bottom, and are 9/16" wide and 1/16" thick. The tab width runs the long way of the Systainer. They are located along the short sides of the lid. From the outside back 3 5/16", 5 5/16", 7 1/4".

There are two similar tabs along the front edge of the lid. Located , from the outside left, 6 3/16" , and 9 3/8".

The bottom (floor) has five differing levels. The Systainer heights (below) are based on the majority surface area level. There is a Cross (plus sign) that is raised 1/32" above this. AND the more noticable X (multiplication sign) that is raised 3/16" above this. So if something like the bottom of a tray will touch the floor throughout- you need to subtract 3/16" from the height listed below. See pic of bottom for reference. The X is 5/8" wide.

The Systainers from Tanos (as opposed to Festool Systainers) do not have the tubular stiffener along the inside, top, back edge. I would imagine that this could be ordered as a part from Festool and added if desired.

Interior heights from bottom to top edge.

Systainer - I = 3"

Systainer - II = 5 1/16"

Systainer - III = 7 1/8"

Systainer - IV = 11 1/4"

Systainer - V =

Systainer I - IV dimensions part #1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Systainer II - V details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Systainer - I details

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Systainer I - V dimensions part #2

Systainer II - V bottom

Systainer I - V Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Systainer I Bottom

Last edited by SRSemenza; 05-06-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Detailed Interior Systainer Dimensions

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

That's some serious work, Seth. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 AM

Thanks for taking time to share this information with us!

Someone has a lot of free time...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balrog View Post

Someone has a lot of free time...

Not really. Sometimes I just get going on something and need to run with it.

Thanks, for the thanks

Seth
Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Founding Member

Seth,

Very nice work! And...

Uhmm... Would you happen to have pics of those puppies filled (properly) with Festool tools?

Regards,

Dan.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:57 PM

Thank Dan,

New camera. One that actually has all the features , and a focus that works.

Seth
Old 04-18-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSemenza View Post
Thank Dan,

New camera. One that actually has all the features , and a focus that works.

Seth
Yeah, I noticed something funny about those pictures, they weren't blurred.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM

A small update. I purchased some Tanos Systainers and discovered that they do not have the tubular stiffener along the inside , top, back edge on any of the sizes.

The vertical support ribs are still present. If the stiffener is available as a part from Festool it should something that could be easily added.

Part number 446 251 as of this writing $1.77.

Seth

Last edited by SRSemenza; 05-15-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

That's interesting, Seth. Do you notice the difference?