talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Festool VS 600

Joe,
Sorry for calling you Dude. I live in California, Joe. It usually doesn't carry a negative connotation. I was a bit frustrated with you and I was being emphatical. Also sorry for calling you rude. I can be so rude sometimes.

Last edited by EijiFuller; 08-26-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: mispelled
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM

"Dude... Dude... Dude.. lookin' out my back door"

I love this song!

Mirko
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

I remember when that song came out - I always thought it was "Toot toot toot, lookin' out my back door." Not that that makes any sense either...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 AM

"Toot toot toot, lookin' out my back door." Not that that makes any sense either...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I remember when that song came out - I always thought it was "Toot toot toot, lookin' out my back door." Not that that makes any sense either...
No surprise that you learn something new every day... its just remarkable, that it happened in this thread!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to JackRafter

Jerry,

You said yesterday:

“When the lock levers are unlocked you can grab the lock handle and pull it away from the jig on both sides which will free up the wedge plate on both ends of the template bar assembly. Look closely and you will see that just before the threaded portion of the template plate shaft there is a machined round boss that is what rides up and down the slot. With both lock levers unlocked and pulled away from the jig you should feel the same amount of play on the left and the right sides as they are designed and manufactured identically.

If you feel more play on one side than the other on your jig, while it makes no difference at all to the performance of the jig when the lock levers are in the lock position, just for giggles look to see what is causing the difference in the amount of play. On my unit the play is the same once the wedge plates are pulled the same distance away from engagement with the machined ramps on which they center the template plate assembly. It could be that on your unit one of the nylock nuts is adjusted tighter than the other which prevents the wedge plate from pulling as fully away from the machined ramps when the lock lever is released on one side as it does on the other.”

So after a bit of giggling, It appears you have missed the mark: Festool VS 600 Play2
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM

Joe,

What happens when you tighten the lever on the left side?

Mirko
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Echoing Mirko's question, does does this movement allow you to misalign the jig when you tighten it, or does it always get properly registered when you lock the lever? If the latter is the case, then what's the problem? Or, if it is a problem, and this particular jig was not manufactured properly, why don't you return it and get one that doesn't do this? I gather (though I've never had to use it) that Festool customer service is pretty good, and they stand by their products.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to JackRafter

Mirko,

When the left side is locked there is no play and everything appears to be as it should.

A simple question would be does anyone else who owns this jig have the same condition? This condition could be as normal as the sun rise for all I know.

Oh and lets no forget the "condition" with the knobs. . . .
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 AM

On my VS 600 both sides are slightly less loose than your left side (in Video) is...but BOTH sides jiggle slightly. My jig has worked great for the half blind and finger joint sets that I have.

Doug

Last edited by Surfingmussel; 08-27-2008 at 03:38 AM.

Tags
festool, festool dovetail jig, routers