talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 AM

Default Real size replica of the TS55, made only with Festool

Thanks to all you here on this forum I won the challenge with 1012 likes!

Thank you all!

Pieter

For a contest of Tooltechnics nv/Festool Belgium I wanted to show how accurate Festool machines are.
The ultimate challenge for this was to use these tools to make a copy of itself.
As the TS55 is the tool most used I decided to make myself an extra one...in plywood.

pay extra attention to the soundtrack as it's made from only sounds produced by my Festool machines.

enjoy the movie!

Festool replica TS55 - YouTube

If you like this video please click the 'like' button on Youtube (a youtube account is needed )

Pieter

Last edited by PieterTroch; 12-07-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Real size replica of the TS55, made only with Festool

Pretty awesome!!! Well made video with a rockin soundtrack! End result is even better!!! How many hours do you have in the model?

Jason
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome, Pieter! I bet you couldn't have done that with only Festools in North America. We have such a limited selection here.

I loved the video - really well done. Particularly the end...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CECabs View Post
Pretty awesome!!! Well made video with a rockin soundtrack! End result is even better!!! How many hours do you have in the model?

Jason
Thx Jason,

I think I worked more than 14 houres on it, but also losing a lot of time measuring and setting up camera's.

Pieter
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 AM

Great video and soundtrack, Pieter, and the model is really cool, too.

How did you mount the LED in your OF1400?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Great video and soundtrack, Pieter, and the model is really cool, too.

How did you mount the LED in your OF1400?
I'm going to make a new post to explain how you can fix the LED's to the dust hood. But it's pretty easy and straight forward: LED's are 5mm so I drilled holes of 5mm in the plastic and connected the 3 LED's in serie (each one 3V) so I can connect it to a 9V battery or DC transfo.

Pieter
Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasslefactor View Post
Wow, Pieter, you finished it! Congratulations!!!

Your saw looks TERRIFIC. I so hope you win the contest!

You did a great job shooting and editing your video, too.
That's a lot of work.

And that SOUNDTRACK... man, that's worth an award all by itself!
Really, REALLY clever idea. And very, VERY difficult to produce.
Kudos +1000 on that.
thx thx thx, you make me blush (don't find a smiley for that )
editing the video took so long because I don't have the software myself so it had to fit in my friend's shedule. The soundtrack is completley the work of another collegae. It was a lot of fun to record all the possible sounds and after resampling it's amazing how you can make it sound.

The nicest thing for me was that I used my tools to there maximum capacity, get to know them better and also improved some of my tools (the LED's in the dust hood of the OF1400 and the adjustable arm for the vacuum hose when using the karvex in the CMS table)

Maybe Festool itself get's triggerd by some of the ideas and maybe, just maybe think about using Festool sounds for the soundtrack of there own presentation movies.

I have houres of filmmaterial left so I think you can expect some more video's.

thanx +1000 for your support!

Pieter
Old 11-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterTroch View Post

thx thx thx, you make me blush (don't find a smiley for that )
Will this do?

Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterTroch View Post
For a contest of Tooltechnics nv/Festool Belgium I wanted to show how accurate Festool machines are.
The ultimate challenge for this was to use these tools to make a copy of itself.
As the TS55 is the tool most used I decided to make myself an extra one...in plywood.

pay extra attention to the soundtrack as it's made from only sounds produced by my Festool machines.

enjoy the movie!

Festool replica TS55 - YouTube

If you like this video please click the 'like' button on Youtube (a youtube account is needed )

Pieter
Pieter,

Thank you very much. I do not know what I liked more the video or the ts55 that you made. I also very much liked your sudden appearance at the end. I gave you a "like"

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post
Pieter,

Thank you very much. I do not know what I liked more the video or the ts55 that you made. I also very much liked your sudden appearance at the end. I gave you a "like"

Fred
thank you

Tags
festool, replica, review, ts55