talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Default a teaser for my next review video

UPDATE:
I'm having trouble finishing the replica movie in time , 12hours of film (in total 56Gb) and I don't want it to be longer than 5min.
Also I'm working on the soundtrack with a friend, and this will take a few more days. But this will be big surprise so I won't say more about it.

Subscribe to my channel so you will be the first to see it! I'm aiming now at 23/10...

Last edited by PieterTroch; 10-17-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: a teaser for my next review video

Well, this should be fun!

Welcome to the forum, Pieter. I'd love to learn more about you. Like, why do you make replicas of tools?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Well, this should be fun!

Welcome to the forum, Pieter. I'd love to learn more about you. Like, why do you make replicas of tools?
Well, I'm a DIY kinda guy who loves to work with good tools. Before 3 years I only had the regalur crap tools who are not that exact and cheap. I noticed a friend using Festool and after working with it for a half hour I was sold! Only bying Festool now.
Why the replica? Festool Belgium organises a contest where you can win a nice price and so I thought of the idea to make a replica of my favourite tool, the TS55.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Pieter!!! Are you going to make your replica so it will plunge?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 10-18-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
Pieter!!! Are you going to make your replica so it will plunge?
That was the idea, but there is a problem that it's made out of wood instead of metal and I can't make it strong enough to make it plunge on an axe.

There will be a wooden saw blade and it will spin

I'm about to finish the last compartment, the motor block and than I start assembling and finalize the movieclip.

P