talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Default CXS Review by Paul-Marcel

Another great video review by Paul-Marcel:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel
Default Re: CXS Review by Paul-Marcel

Thanks, John!

I have to admit there are a dizzying array of variables in comparing the CXS to the other drills. Considering the strength and weight of the forthcoming LiIon drills later this year, the choices become more difficult.

So just get one of each and call it a day
Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Great job Paul.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:52 PM

Thanks, Ron!

Seriously, though, after seeing Shane's weight numbers on the forthcoming drills and their presumed power based on voltage, it's gonna get difficult to chose one or two.

Would love to try the C15 I'll start saving my lag bolts and 8/4 hard Maple scraps...
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Founding Member

Very nice, Paul. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:48 AM

nice review Paul.

Anxious to see a video on the new bandsaw when you get it fully functional.

neil
Old 05-27-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc View Post
nice review Paul.

Anxious to see a video on the new bandsaw when you get it fully functional.

neil
Thanks! That will be this weekend I've been playing with it making ever thinner veneers... not practical at all, but kinda fun. I'll also do one on those CarryMaster casters ScotF recommended. They worked flawlessly for my kind of installation where it is 90% stationary 10% mobile (and I don't always have enough beer for my neighbors to help move a 500+lbs saw). I liked them so much that I ordered another set of 4 for my assembly table... kinda expected them today but...

And, Neil, the part number for the Jet 16-32 dust hood is 80-2002. Sounds like you used some online parts locator. I called the parts desk directly and used those numbers. I'll post the wiring diagram that would have been useful to you later tonight and maybe the part of the diagram with the dust hood parts. I know at least a few parts I ordered the lady on the phone said had been replaced with a new number and gave me the equivalent.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
Thanks, Ron!

Seriously, though, after seeing Shane's weight numbers on the forthcoming drills and their presumed power based on voltage, it's gonna get difficult to chose one or two.

Would love to try the C15 I'll start saving my lag bolts and 8/4 hard Maple scraps...
Paul,

Really great review but I think I have the answer to your drill issue. Just buy one of all of them then you do not have to research and worry.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 AM

Great review . You have convinced me to hold out for the upgraded C12 / w. Li batts . The odd time I need high torque in restricted access situations .

Chris