talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM

Exclamation Write a review for a chance to win a Rotex 150!

Hello, talkFestool members. I wanted to share an opportunity to participate in a giveaway we are doing over at the FOG. Essentially, you can submit a written or video review of any Festool product for a chance to win a Festool Rotex 150 FEQ sander. We will randomly select two winner from the entries received: one written review and one video review.

Best of luck to everyone!

Please visit the thread on the FOG for complete details if you are interested in participating.

Thanks,
Shane
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Write a review for a chance to win a Rotex 150!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shofestoolusa View Post
Hello, talkFestool members. I wanted to share an opportunity to participate in a giveaway we are doing over at the FOG. Essentially, you can submit a written or video review of any Festool product for a chance to win a Festool Rotex 150 FEQ sander. We will randomly select two winner from the entries received: one written review and one video review.

Best of luck to everyone!

Please visit the thread on the FOG for complete details if you are interested in participating.

Thanks,
Shane
---

So if you are banned from the FOG you aren't able to enter? This seems like one of those "discrimination" type issues, unless there are alternative entry methods.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDistai View Post

So if you are banned from the FOG you aren't able to enter? This seems like one of those "discrimination" type issues ...
John, I see no discrimination here.

Very few members are banned from the FOG, but everyone has an equal opportunity to become one of them if they so choose.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:53 PM

I think an enterprising attorney could make an issue out of this. Now I'm not going to do anything about this. I'm just pointing out a potential risk that those folks may not have thought of.

There could be precedence for this. Many sweepstakes have "no purchase necessary" clauses, probably because of some past lawsuit with alleged discrimination.

On another note, an individual with a disability recently sued Target because they were unable to access coupons online that could be used in the store. The lawsuit was on the grounds of "non-equivalent access" and ADA issues. The grounds of this lawsuit had huge repercussions for many online retailers. It could be argued that banned FOG members do not have "equivalent access" to this contest, unless there were an alternative entry method way to enter outside of the FOG.

I know that I am perceived as a pest, and there may be an inclination to counter my comments in order to discredit my message. Please don't view this comment as an attempt to incite anything. It is not. It is only pointing out an issue they may not have thought of.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:58 PM

Could the review be a negative one?

Mirko
Old 04-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDistai View Post

... I'm just pointing out a potential risk that those folks may not have thought of.

... I know that I am perceived as a pest, and there may be an inclination to counter my comments in order to discredit my message. Please don't view this comment as an attempt to incite anything. It is not. It is only pointing out an issue they may not have thought of.
John, my perception of you is that you spend far too much time belaboring NON-issues.

Successful lawsuits regarding "non-equivalent access" almost always involve a person (or persons) who do not have equal access to something, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN. Could a person who is "86ed" from a bar for unacceptable behavior successfully sue because they no longer have equal access to buying drinks?

You got yourself banned from the FOG, and they have no obligation to provide you equal access to any benefits that members in good standing enjoy.

On the other hand, if you feel that your banning was dicriminatory or unfair why don't you contact Shane Holland. A sincere heart-to-heart talk may just get your member status reversed.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Okay. Your point is taken.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM

I'll stir this pot a bit:

lawsuits are also generally filed against entities that have money.

I don't think FOG is officially backed by Festool, is it? If not, then what's the point of going after the super-moderator of a website that has fewer than 10,000 users. Facebook has much more bang for the buck. This theoretical disabused FOGger will probably think of someone else to sue.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidma1 View Post

... I don't think FOG is officially backed by Festool, is it?
As a matter of fact, the FOG has been owned and operated by Festool U.S.A. for some time now.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 PM

Well there we go. There is a way to enter the contest via Facebook. Crisis averted.

Tags
contest, festool, free, giveaway, win