talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Festool > Festool Library

Festool Library Documentation and references about Festool Tools and Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Founding Member

Default Festool Adapters and Other Accessories

I'll start this off by copying a post I made in another thread about a D36 to D27 Hose Adapter...

---------

You can make a "Dave Ronyak Adapter" fairly easily. (I got this idea from Dave Ronyak at Festool Training. ) It took me about 15 minutes to make it.

You need to sacrifice about 15-17" of a D27 hose and buy two Hose Sleeve, Reducing Sleeve For D 27 Hose. The process:

1) Cut off the D27 hose about 15-17"" from the small end (not the CT22 end). Make sure you leave enough length for flexibility.

2) Attach one Hose Sleeve to the end of your (now shortened) D27 hose.

3) Attach the other Hose Sleeve to the end of your new adapter.

Here's a pic of the adapter:

It takes only a second to shove one end of the adapter into the end of your D36 hose and attach the other to your tool's dust port:

Make sure you push the adapter all the way into the end of the D36:

This solution is simple, elegant, and relatively cheap. The seal is essentially perfect. It gives you the best of both worlds - D36 for sucking up the big stuff and D27 for fitting to tools that require it. And it's easy to switch between the two.

Regards,

Dan.