talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Projects, Methods, and Techniques > Design and Inspiration

Design and Inspiration The building blocks of everything we do - function, methodology, aesthetics, philosophy, creativity & cause.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 PM

Default Bring back Shop Class

Hi everyone

Thought you might enjoy this CNN piece and the embedded TED Talk

Jay

Transform the world in shop class - CNN.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Bring back Shop Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKnoll View Post
Hi everyone

Thought you might enjoy this CNN piece and the embedded TED Talk

Jay

Transform the world in shop class - CNN.com
Jay,

I have always loved TED and this is just one more reason to continue. What a wonderfully uplifting idea and I truly hope that Bertie County is just the beginning. Thank you for sharing this.

Fred

PS In this case TED is NOT a person.
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 AM

Fascinating.
What a remarkable woman, the school board ought to be ashamed of themselves for their shananigans though.
Thanks for posting this Jay.

Rob.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

Count me in as another TED fan....

Great story! Always inspiring when vision and perseverance find a way to prevail over entrenched, resistant, unimaginative and ineffectual "powers that be."

Thanks for sharing, Jay.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Wow. I just love seeing smart, dedicated, motivated, effective people doing good work. Very impressive. I'd love to check back in 10 years to see what the longer-timescale influences have been.