talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Czeck Edge Hand Tool

Czeck Edge Hand Tool Thank you for your visit to the Czeck Edge forum. We take extreme pride in our craftsmanship because we know your craftsmanship demands the best. Czeck Edge began the manufacture of woodworking layout tools in July 2005. Today our product line has grown to include awls, bird cage awls, burnishers and marking knives. We have recently added dovetail chisels in multiple sizes. Complete hardware kits are available featuring the same blades used in our production tools. All Czeck Edge tools and components are handcrafted with pride and 100% made in USA.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bird Cage Awls

Nice. They look great on your bench, Jim. I'm sure you're going to find them wonderful for marking.

What's that cheese-grater-looking thing on your bench?
Old 12-04-2010, 03:08 PM

Good eye Peter! Not sure what it's called. I inherited it from my parents. We've had it ever since I can remember. We always called it "the melba toast slicer". You put a piece of toast in, close it, then "resaw" it down the middle with a bread knife. Don't use it much, only at Thanksgiving. It's great for reducing carbs in your turkey sandwich! You can get more stuffing in this way!
I've never seen one for sale anywhere before, I had to fight my brothers for it and am very glad I won!
Anyhoo, it's out in the shop for repairs, I need to do something for the missing feet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

That's pretty wild, Jim. Do you think the holes are there just to hold the toast? Or do they serve some other function?

Boy. The things people come up with!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
That's pretty wild, Jim. Do you think the holes are there just to hold the toast? Or do they serve some other function?

Boy. The things people come up with!
Yup the holes grip the bread. Works great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Czeck Edge Bird Cage Awls & Marking Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKirkpatrick View Post
Very nice Jim but WOW, I've never drilled a hole anywhere near that deep with my birdcage awl -- did it take you long???
Old 12-04-2010, 04:31 PM

Oh you!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:36 PM

Jim,

Sorry fior the late reply, but it was great meeting you at the Beverly, MA L-N Event and thank you for the kind words about the BC awl and Kadet marking knife. I'm glad to hear you're happy with them. The Beverly Event was a great show for me. That is also a very historic area and I wished that I could have arrived a day early or left a day late and poked around a little bit. If there is an L-N Event up there again this year, I'll try and make it.

Take care and cheers, Bob
Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Default Melba toast slicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKirkpatrick View Post
Good eye Peter! Not sure what it's called. I inherited it from my parents. We've had it ever since I can remember. We always called it "the melba toast slicer". You put a piece of toast in, close it, then "resaw" it down the middle with a bread knife. Don't use it much, only at Thanksgiving. It's great for reducing carbs in your turkey sandwich! You can get more stuffing in this way!
I've never seen one for sale anywhere before, I had to fight my brothers for it and am very glad I won!
Anyhoo, it's out in the shop for repairs, I need to do something for the missing feet.

Don't you suppose Bridge City Tools is looking at doing one of these?
heh, heh, heh