talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2016, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Chopstick Master announced!

Even more fun is watching someone who has never used a hand plane make a set.

For you fashionable guys, they sell a "Chopstick Master" shirt, so you'll look the part!

Chopstick Master Long Sleeve Shirts - In Stock - Tools - Bridge City Tool Works
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post

... I have to say the outside of the box is quite beautiful
BCT's packaging is so nice that I often toss out the tool and just keep the box.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

It's a beautiful piece of kit, all right! Very impressive.

Thanks for pointing out the CSM shirts, Rutager. I hadn't seen those. May need one...
Old 02-22-2016, 11:42 PM

Sorry I did not respond earlier.

Lossing Fred was a big event in my life. He was a personal life coach and Fred had invaluable advice while Monica and I were fostering. I should have listened to more of his advice when he said to be careful with some of the kids we had picked for fostering. Foolishly, we proceeded down the road of adoption because we thought we could make a difference. Less than 30 days after Fred's passing our adoption completely blew up in our face. I kick myself because I could not make the Tuesday cutoff to see Fred; I sacrificed that time for a foster visitation meeting.

In the span of 60 days I lost two good friends, IVF went south, 3 years of fostering went in the garbage, and Monica has a growth on her pituitary. The next year is/was a blur. I mentally just checked out. I gave away my glass shop, photography gear, and all my tools; except for my chisels, planes, and my CXS.

Looking back, so many things could have turned out worse. Monica and I moved intown and I am trying to figure out how to woodwork in 1000sq/ft. I have a little bit of rust to remove, plane blades to sharpen, and a lot of knowledge to relearn.

Thanks for posting the Holtley picture, it made me remember all the good tool conversations I had with Fred.

As far as budget.. No debt, no house, no kids... Budget, what is this foreign word you speak of... The only thing I have to budget now is my time. For which I owe the birthday girl a dinner and dessert.. so I have to cut here.

Cheers