talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default New HP-6 FX SS

John just introduced a new version of the HP-6 on his blog: Bridge City Tools Behind the Scenes

This is one cool-looking plane. The rear has been enlarged and curved to allow a comfortable grip when planing with the profiles that remove a lot of wood.

The knob is a thing of beauty, and may bring in radio stations:

And there's going to be a stainless steel version:

Notice the new tongue profile in the second picture.

John has extended himself with his "thematic design" - there are conical shapes all through this thing. I'm betting they'll have to get new cutters made to mill the knob. I can hardly wait to see it in real life!

Fun!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Default Re: New HP-6 FX SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

... This is one cool-looking plane.
You've got that right!

I'm definitely in, but for how many I won't know until I see Fred's order.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 AM

It has been a while since I have been here, I always thought it was not about the quantity, but being in line before Fred. Especially if you can have it shipped and delivered before Fred has a chance to open his. Bonus points if you can delay his shipment a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
You've got that right!

I'm definitely in, but for how many I won't know until I see Fred's order.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnR View Post
I always thought it was not about the quantity, but being in line before Fred. Especially if you can have it shipped and delivered before Fred has a chance to open his.
It's just not possible many have tried and failed..just ask John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

It's just not possible many have tried and failed..just ask John
That's true, it just can't be done. Fred always seems to get his order in before the Bridge City guys even know they're going to make a tool.

How can you beat that?