talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 02:35 AM

Default Five new tools from Bridge City at once?!

Five Cool New Tools from Bridge City… | John's Blog

Pretty freaking cool! I'm waiting on confirmation of a furniture commission and if it is a go, I'll be smacking down a deposit on that MT-1 Multi-Tool! Always wished I had jumped on the CT-15 and this is my chance at rectifying that awful mistake.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Five new tools from Bridge City at once?!

I've already ordered the SS TB1-v2 (black) and the SS TB-2v2. I know several people who have ordered a LOT more!

I remain unconvinced by the MT-1 (or the CT-15). My sense is that I'd rather have separate tools to do each job well, than one tool to do all the jobs. But then again, I haven't used the MT-1 or the CT-15 while building something. I could be persuaded... I have to say that I LOVE my DSS-6!

But still: those BCTW tools are like cocaine, are they not? It's an addiction.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 AM

I've spent many a hour behind the BCTW booth at the WIA and Handworks and I can tell you that the CT-15 is the tool that the most people ask about and want to buy, of course it wasn't for sale! They also don't seem to appear on the used market often; I can't remember seeing more than one or two since they were first introduced, which leads me to believe that people find it to be a great tool, I know I think it is great.

They are only making this one once, so I wouldn't hesitate. If money is tight, they can usually work with you on a payment system.

This will also be a great tool for use on JMP projects. Did you know that the tables on the JMP are perfectly square and you can hold the bevel against them and then use it as a square too?

I can't say it enough, but the cam lock that holds the blade is awesome; it rigidly holds the blade, such an improvement over any other method I have ever seen. At the very least, you "owe" it to yourselfs to pick up the TB-2v2 in aluminum, it's less than $100.

Best,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I have been looking for a CT-15 for several years. I could see its value to mirror setups on the JMP, especially when tilting the blade. Only one came up on ebay in the past year and I think it brought over $500. I'll be ordering the MT-1.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-2013, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Pre-order opened on all these today. Guess what I did?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 07-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
Pre-order opened on all these today. Guess what I did?

You dressed like a banana and did the moonwalk?

If so, I will not bring up the banana-in-the-tailpipe trick
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post

Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
No, but my credit card is almost constipated.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:37 PM

So Alex,

One of each?

-Rutager
Old 07-18-2013, 05:01 PM

I jumped off the BCTW bridge this week...scored the DJ2 guide, the universal jaws, metric bushing set, a couple of other imperial bushings, KF1 and Consuela managed to slip me in to a metric TS-TV2!

Now I am debating the MT-1 and Tenon Maker...I thought Festool was bad...might as well explore BCTW now -- life is short! I have to take advantage of my Founders Club membership and with all the money I am saving I I figure I am getting some free tools in the process!

Oh, and I put my name on the notify list for the JMP and accessories -- for whenever the next run of that will be...

Scot