talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 10:27 PM

Default re: BCTW 30th Anniversary Gala

To all,

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it. Please give my warmest regards to John E.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:27 PM

Okay, you found all the beer spots, now how about some places within walking distance of the Paramount for cheeseburgers?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 AM

Bummer Cooter! The pitchfork factory must be keeping you busy!

For a cheap burger relatively near the Paramount, try Little Big Burger.
122 nw 10th ave, portland or, 97209
Truffle Fries with a tasty ketchup, and small tasty burgers. Goat Cheese and Bacon if you wish. You may want if you are hungry. They are little. Heh. But Cheap.
Little Big Burger

Another one walking distance from Paramount:
Clyde Common / Menu: Brunch
Great food all around. Good burger.
Clyde Common - Southwest Portland - Portland, OR
1014 SW Stark St
Portland, OR 97205

A fantastic burger here:
http://littlebirdbistro.com/menus/Li...ner%20Menu.pdf
219 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204
Same owners as one of my favorite restaurants in town: Le Pigeon.
LePigeon
738 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214
This is across the Burnside Bridge on the East side of the River. Get the Beef Cheek if they have it. Yum.

That should keep you busy! I'm sure there are more, I have been out of touch with the restaurant scene a bit for the last 3 years. (My kid is 3, go figure.)
Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post

... FYI, for me, the essence of Portland is not in the downtown area. !
Wait a minute! Who was it that told us all to stay at the Paramount?

Old 08-15-2013, 01:57 AM

John,

You're the only one staying at the hotel, the rest of us are crashing at Michael's house.

-Rutager
Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Wait a minute! Who was it that told us all to stay at the Paramount?

Hey! Its a nice hotel! It was chosen for its proximity to the Museum and to public transportation.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post

Hey! Its a nice hotel! It was chosen for its proximity to the Museum and to public transportation.
Just pulling your leg, Michael (as usual ). It is a very nice hotel, and we're off to a good start.

We spent some time walking around this afternoon, and had lunch at South Park with my wife's uncle. He has lived in Oregon City for over fifty years (like my wife, a transplant from New Mexico). We haven't seen him in several years, so we were thrilled at the opportunity to hang out.

Everyone we talk to says that El Gaucho is amazing. It's only a block or so from the Paramount, anyone interested in organizing a dinner for Friday night?

We have a six passenger vehicle (seven if Chris Wong is one of them ), we'll be happy to assist with transportation to events.

We're in room 1506, anyone staying at the Paramount feel free to call.

My day started at 4:00 AM in order to catch our early plane, so I'm signing off for tonight.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Please, please. Take and post lots of pics of any and all happenings there. It'll make us feel less deprived.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Hello from MSP airport!

I'm sitting down to a breakfast burger and looking forward to seeing everyone in a few hours.

We'll take lots of pictures for those that can't make it. Maybe even some pictures of me looking nice in my new clothes; the very, very pretty young lady at the store sold me $500 of new clothes, she said they looked good on me!

Best,
Rutager
Old 08-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Hello from MSP airport!

the very, very pretty young lady at the store sold me $500 of new clothes, she said they looked good on me!

Best,
Rutager
Did you get her number?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959