talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Default re: BCTW 30th Anniversary Gala

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc View Post

What are you guys planning for Saturday? Wine tour or something else?
Neil, we're going on the Saturday wine tour, other than that we're pretty much open.

I was also thinking of gathering for some wine tasting in our room at some point. I'll save the whiskey tasting for Kentucky in October.

Anyone have suggestions for some superb Oregon wines (red or white)?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

When in Oregon, you need to drink their Pinot Noirs. I've had them from Erath, Evesham Wood, and Ponzi, and they were all good. Bergstrom has consistently excellent wines. And for some reason they're all better in Oregon than the ones from the same vineyards that I've bought in California.

Looking forward to it!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

When in Oregon, you need to drink their Pinot Noirs. I've had them from Erath, Evesham Wood, and Ponzi, and they were all good. Bergstrom has consistently excellent wines. And for some reason they're all better in Oregon than the ones from the same vineyards that I've bought in California.

Looking forward to it!
Oh, Pinots, they would be great with wild boar on a rotisserie. Does anyone know if the Paramount has rules against wood fired cookers in the rooms?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 PM

No John, but they have pretty stringent rules on wild boars.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post

No John, but they have pretty stringent rules on wild boars.
Some of us may want to check on their rule for wild bores.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Wild bores can be cured with a DJ-1 or DJ-2.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Neil,

That sounds great. I'll wait at the airport for your flight- pretty sure that means we go get lunch too!

-Rutager
I don't think there is a Margaritaville in Portland, Rutager!

See you in a couple of weeks!

neil
Old 08-14-2013, 06:08 AM

Whoa! Just found this thread! I have not been on here much lately.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! We have been busting our butts here. The book looks amazing. The museum gallery is looking great. Beer, wine, and food is ordered. It'll be a fun weekend.

Just some thoughts as far as food goes. There is some excellent food and drink here in this town.
The coffee, beer and wine choices are amazing. For those hooked on Starbucks, go ahead and try something local instead. Stumptown, Ristretto, Barista...The choices are amazing. Beer and wine is over the top with its selection. I can't even begin to list. If you like hoppy IPA's shoot me a message, I have been obsessed.

If you really want to dive in to Portland culture, get this book. It is a guide to Portland's craft breweries, by bike!. Yes, bike around Portland visiting some of the best breweries in town. Buy the book! (My wife was the designer of it!)
Hop in the Saddle | A Guide to Portland's Craft Beer Scene, by Bike

Restaurants are easy to come by. For the expensive steak dinner, there is El Gaucho. For fish and seafood, there is Jake's, Riffle, BlueHour.
Check out this site for some great reviews. I believe you can filter by neighborhood or type of cuisine. Rutager, I am not sure if there is a Bacon filter.
Portland Restaurant Finder

New Fancy Donut Shop downtown. I had a Salted Caramel donut this morning while waiting for my chiropractor to open..
Blue Star Donuts - Southwest Portland - Portland, OR
Of course, Portland is famous for Voodoo Donuts. Maple Bacon Bar is well known. There are some X-Rated donuts there, so be careful with the family. And, they do weddings there; in case anyone needs to take care of something.
Voodoo Doughnut - Southwest Portland - Portland, OR

There is bus #12 that goes by Bridge City Tools. But honestly, a car would be better, and faster. Besides, if you decide to buy a Jointmaker Pro, the bus would not be too fun with it on your lap.

I once had a customer ride his motorcycle to our office with a Jointmaker SW strapped to his back...

Anyway, see you all soon!
Michael
Old 08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

We've actually been in Portland for a couple of days now. Rented a car yesterday and took my Girlz to see a bunch of waterfalls along the Columbia River, had lunch at the Full Sail brewery in Hood River, enjoyed some time at the Timberline Lodge at the top of Mount Hood, and a nice picnic in our hotel (Pinot Noir, cheeses, meats, bread, olives and chocolate). Great day!

The weather's spectacular, the shopping's great (got two pairs of shoes - doing girl-shopping today), and the homeless people abundant. I feel naked without tattoos and piercings.

We're all looking forward to seeing you later today and in the week. This will be fun! And thanks to Michael and John for all their extraordinarily hard work in setting all this up!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:29 PM

Great Peter! There are other great breweries out in Hood River too. Pfriem Family Brewers
Pfriem Family Brewers - Hood River, OR

And across the river in White Salmon is Everybody's Brewing.
Fresh Beer From White Salmon Everybodys Brewing

In Parkdale is Solera Brewing.
Solera Brewery - Mount Hood Parkdale, OR

Burp.
Go get a tatoo.

FYI, for me, the essence of Portland is not in the downtown area. It is really in the surrounding neighborhoods. I actually rarely go downtown. The neighborhoods of this town is really what makes it a great place. Have Fun!