talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Default re: BCTW 30th Anniversary Gala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post

I was really hoping to make it, but my firm scheduled a mandatory "compliance meeting" on August 15. Now if I could only afford one of those private jets that bigwigs jaunt about in.....
I'm sorry you won't be there, Alex, I was looking forward to seeing you again. WIA?

Who is going to be able to make it for sure?

My wife and I are going, and we have signed up for all the events, including the wine tour in the Willamette Valley.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 PM

John,

I have a room at the Paramount and a plane ticket to get there. So count me in.

We should see if anybody lands about the same time, then we could go together from the airport. My flight is scheduled to land at 10:45 am. Thursday.

-Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post

I have a room at the Paramount and a plane ticket to get there. So count me in.

We should see if anybody lands about the same time, then we could go together from the airport. My flight is scheduled to land at 10:45 am. Thursday.

-Rutager
We're also staying at the Paramount, but we're coming in on the 14th.

Anyone else?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:50 AM

John
My wife and I are coming down on Thu and will also be staying at the Paramount.
Kev
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be there with my full Girl Team!

Anyone want to hang out with Gillian (15) while Sharon and I go wine tasting on Saturday?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I'll be there with my full Girl Team!

Anyone want to hang out with Gillian (15) while Sharon and I go wine tasting on Saturday?
Fly me out, Potosan! I'll hang out with Gillian while you go wine slurping
Old 08-02-2013, 04:48 AM

I arrive on Thursday around 11am. Also at the Paramount. Rutager, glad to share a ride if you like. I've got a rental on points.

What are you guys planning for Saturday? Wine tour or something else?

Looks like a terrific weekend.

neil
Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Fly me out, Potosan! I'll hang out with Gillian while you go wine slurping
Gillian would LOVE to hang out with you, Okamisan! Thanks for the offer. If I happen to accidentally win the lottery between now and then, your ticket will be the first thing I buy!

Guess I should buy lottery tickets...
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 AM

Neil,

That sounds great. I'll wait at the airport for your flight- pretty sure that means we go get lunch too!

-Rutager
Old 08-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

There's a train that goes into Portland - practically to the front door of the Paramount - from the airport. It costs about $6 or less (though frankly nobody ever asked for my ticket - you could ride it free!). Cheap, quick and easy.

The public transportation in Portland is amazing. You can travel the entire downtown area for free, and getting farther out of the city costs almost nothing. Getting to BCTW or John's house, on the other hand, will require a taxi or car...