talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Default Bridge City Tool Works at the Museum of Contemporary Craft

A recent email I received from Michael. I think it's important enough to post here.

Dear Loyal Customer,

My name is Michael Berg and I am the General Manager of Bridge City Tool Works. As we have mentioned previously, the Museum of Contemporary Craft is launching a 36 year retrospective of John's work this summer; Quality is Contagious, John Economaki and Bridge City Tool Works. The Museum has noted to us that most exhibits of this caliber usually happen to people after they die. I am unsure if the Museum knows something we don't, but luckily for us John is still full of ideas and busy designing innovative quality tools.

As with most major exhibitions, they are only possible by corporate and individual donations. One of the neatest benefits of sponsorship is the inclusion of the donor names in the 204 page "coffee table" book that corresponds with the exhibit. There are several levels of support which are tax deductible, too. On behalf of Namita Wiggers, the Museum Director, I am pleased to forward her letter to you. A full size version of the document is available here.

Anyway, this exhibition is truly an honor not only for John, but also for everybody associated with Bridge City Tool Works. None of this would have been possible without customers like you! I have been with Bridge City for over 6 years and have had come to know quite a few of you. I truly hope to see you at the exhibition opening gala in August and be able to talk tools (while also teasing John for still being alive!)

This will be a busy and exciting year for us here at Bridge City!

Michael Berg
General Manager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bridge City Tool Works at the Museum of Contemporary Craft

Here's a link to the document Michael refers to:

http://bridgecitytools.com/documents/donor.pdf

I see that "cherry" has the largest range. You think that John knows I hate oak..?

I'm guessing the $9,999 for the upper end of cherry had one decimal place too many...
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

They were just giving you some extra slack, Peter.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Here's a link to the document Michael refers to:

http://bridgecitytools.com/documents/donor.pdf
Oops, forgot the link.

Thanks, Peter.