talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel
Default Re: Huge Bridge City Sale

Not that it'll help now, but for another day...

When you get into the checkout and you get the "not everything available at quantities" message, click 'edit cart' in the lower left corner. It takes you to a page with boxes to edit the quantity of each item already there or remove them. Don't change the numbers, just hit 'update' and it'll get submitted. The offending item(s) will be listed at the top of the page when it comes back. You can then edit it right there.

LOL, I wonder what my 'suspicious activity' profile is at my credit card company
Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
Not that it'll help now, but for another day...

When you get into the checkout and you get the "not everything available at quantities" message, click 'edit cart' in the lower left corner. It takes you to a page with boxes to edit the quantity of each item already there or remove them. Don't change the numbers, just hit 'update' and it'll get submitted. The offending item(s) will be listed at the top of the page when it comes back. You can then edit it right there.

LOL, I wonder what my 'suspicious activity' profile is at my credit card company
PM,

Only because you asked but the "suspicious activity" on your card is sky high. I added all difficulties and frustrations from last night that might have normally showed up on my card, plus Potatoe's card, plus Alex, plus Jim K., plus Rutager. Well you get the idea and you may want to step out of both your shop and your house as it now appears that you have attempted fraud and identity theft. Once a few of us have helped ourselves to your machines and other tools, I will clear up the fraud and identity theft issues as mere mistakes, on your part, of course.

Please let me know if I may do anything else for you while I am in such a giving mode.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Well, I just checked the activitiy on my cc and found two charges. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. I had thought the orders didn't go through. The orders are identical, so I'm assuming it'll get figured out, or maybe I'll wind up with 2 orders and some stuff for sale. Either way, I'm getting some cool stuff.........
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Well, I just checked the activitiy on my cc and found two charges. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. I had thought the orders didn't go through. The orders are identical, so I'm assuming it'll get figured out, or maybe I'll wind up with 2 orders and some stuff for sale. Either way, I'm getting some cool stuff.........
Ladies & ?????,

I wrote this earlier today on John Economaki's blog but it may be worth posting it here as well.
fredhw Says:
January 10th, 2013 at 9:23 AM John, thank you for your message and the commitment to all of us.
Guys, as some of you know and some do not, I have no affiliation with BCTW other than I love their tools and I have become friends with John, Michael and so many of you. I am only saying this so that I will not be seen as a shill.

I too was frustrated last night and at one point had two laptops, an iPad and my phone all attempting to make orders or even log in in a couple of cases. However, it did not take me too long to let go of my anger and frustration as I realized what had gone wrong.

BCTW, has never had a sale like this and in fact because of their sales model the number of people ordering at any given time was extremely low. No one anticipated the volume nor could they have done so as they have had no track record of anything even close to this.

Finally, at least too me, what John/BCTW is doing to make up for this is completely unprecedented. I have known many businesses that have had situations like this and just said sorry, we wish it had not happened and that was it.

If this is the worst that happens to any of us, then I am a very happy camper.

Fred

This is now outside of what I wrote on the blog but think of this. John/BCTW is so upset and concerned over what happened last night that he is making a free new tool for each of us that tried to place an order through the Clearance page. That is on top of the fact that BCTW is going to actively clean up every error and attempt to ensure that we receive as much as possible of what we had ordered. This is a monstrous job and one that I would never want to have to deal with.

One thing that I can say for sure and that is that I am extremely proud of the manner in which we tFer's are handling this. The easiest thing in the world would have been for all of us to vent our anger as loudly as possible. However, instead we used humor and grace to express ourselves. We

We may be a small forum but we have some of the best, brightest people anywhere on the net. Luckily, I have not been able to post much as of late or I would have REALLY messed up the the best and brightest part.

Thank you all,

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

I think that the BCTW crew, and John in particular, have gone over the top in their efforts to rectify the situation. A free tool?!? Way more than we deserve. But still, it's hard to say no. Especially when you're as cheap as I am.

Did you see Rutager's suggestion for a name for the tool? FN-1. As in, "Hand me that FN tool."

Apparently all that bacon has not clogged his humor lobe.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 AM

I loaded up my cart over a two hour period last night starting at 7 central time. Had 20 line items in the cart and 26 total items and went to checkout and got the error message of something in my cart not being in stock.

So I removed items one by one and tried to checkout. Like ten times.

Ended up removing all but three items and was finally able to checkout. Clicked the checkout button once and it took time but confirmed on success.

I then went back and added more items to a second cart. Took more time but i waited and made sure the items I added did not have a 'not in stock' message on each item.

Checked out again successfully.

Then did it again and got a third cart successfully checked out. All showed up in my accounts page so I felt pretty good.

Saw John's apology blog post today and I emailed him to thank him and indicated I had been able to place three orders.

Five minutes later he emailed me back saying they had NINE orders from me and Consuela had cancelled six of them.

They are an amazing company but even more amazing than the tools is the quality of their character.

To paraphrase that poster, 'Integrity is Contagious' and you want to do business and be friends with people like that.

Neil

Last edited by neilc; 01-11-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKirkpatrick View Post
Thanks Fred! I'm holding a celebration in your honor! If I can't find the time to work with my tools, dammit, I'm gonna buy some!
Ah, Jim, I think we suffer from the same neurosis: OCTB. Obsessive Compulsive Tool Buying.

I must compliment John E & Co. for taking swift action to rectify the problem that was really beyond their control. I think the success (?) of the sale indicates how many people really appreciate the tools they make , are too cheap to pay retail and also illustrates one of the problems with limited edition tools; once sold out they may be difficult or impossible to obtain, so if I don't get them while available but need them in the future I'll be kicking myself for not buying them when they were available.

All this leads to the newly documented neurosis described above. I'm sure that not more than 98% of the posters here suffer from this condition. Confession is good for the sole collection er soul....

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 01-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

I'm Poto, and I suffer from OCTB.

I AM one of the 98%.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I knew it!!!

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 01-12-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I'm Poto, and I suffer from OCTB.

I AM one of the 98%.
I have absolutely no idea of what you folks are talking about.