talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 AM

Default Re: WIA West show 2012

Rutager was actually getting pretty good with some chopsticks towards the end of the dinner on Saturday. Someone needs to make him some custom chopsticks so that he can practice before going to Toyota Sushi.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post
Rutager was actually getting pretty good with some chopsticks towards the end of the dinner on Saturday. Someone needs to make him some custom chopsticks so that he can practice before going to Toyota Sushi.
But what was he doing with them???????????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 AM

Randy,

If you were uncomfortable with my flirting last year, watch out, I've been practicing on John Raftery.

My chopstick skills were so good that the waiter brought me a fork- I refused to use it.

Best,
Rutager
Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 AM

Mike,

I had the garlic steak!

Rutager
Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post

If you were uncomfortable with my flirting last year, watch out, I've been practicing on John Raftery.
Whoa! I had no idea that flirting was what you were attempting!

Rutager had this curious habit of shaking my hand and introducing himself to me about every five minutes. (I'll admit that my memory isn't what it used to be, but once an hour would have been more than enough.)

If you were practicing this technique for use on women I want to wish you the best of luck in your future encounters.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I've never understood this obsession with chopsticks. I don't use them and never will. They're awkward and cumbersome to use. I maintain that there's no untensil better designed, or more useful and versatile than the fork.

Although, there ARE some occasions when only a shovel will do.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I've never understood this obsession with chopsticks. I don't use them and never will. They're awkward and cumbersome to use. I maintain that there's no untensil better designed, or more useful and versatile than the fork.

Although, there ARE some occasions when only a shovel will do.

But what about that last little grain of rice?

Actually when I was first taught to use chopsticks in Japan, I was taught to hold my bowl up and almost shovel the food down. Of course I was only 7.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Then off to the LACMA, (LA County Museum of Modern Art). Really fun kinetic sculpture with cars and trucks.

Obviously, my son LOOOOVED it.
Michael, my granddaughter (who's about Calder's age) loves it too.

What did you think of "Levitated Mass"?