talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 08:06 AM

Location: On a street named after a bush between two streets named after trees.
Default Re: My CS-2 is shipping!

Wahoo! Paul-Marcel was very generous to give me his CS-2 back in November provided I ordered him a new one. The CS-2 is my favourite BCTW tool which I own and the most used, aside from the replacement blades for my Starrett combination squares.

(When I called BCTW to pay for Paul-Marcel's CS-2, I was tempted to ask them to replace the tool with rocks.)
Old 05-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention, the only thing better than a DSS-6 is....

having 2 or 3 DSS-6!

That way you never have to search for it!

(geeze, I never thought I could be such a sleazy salesman!)
Michael,

I too never thought you could be that sleazy UNTIL I saw you in the Bridge City Shirt ad and then all bets were off. While Rutager is not around to read this, what can you do about getting me a black chrome plumb bob? I will never stop hearing about him owning two of the 25 until I at least get one. Then I will add to my DSS-6 situation.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 PM

Fred,

If you get one, I'll still have two. Everyone knows you need two: one for the work week and the other for Sundays and special occasions.

Love,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 AM

Fred,
I'd love to get you one. Only 25 were made. If I had one more made for you I'd have to make new laser etched medallions for the other 25 saying " 1 of 25, plus Fred's".
I'm sure everyone would be fine with that, except Rutager. I doubt he would accept the package with the new medallions from UPS. Otherwise, I would certainly make one or even 2 for you! So, it really is Rutager's fault for not letting me make some limited edition gorgeously polished black chrome plumb bobs.

Michael
Old 05-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Finally, I get credit for something!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 AM

What

We finally have found a tool that Fred does not have? Wow, the Mayans are correct after all.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 AM

Shawn,

Yes, Fred doesn't have one, I have two and remind Fred of the fact often, sometimes I feel bad that I get so much enjoyment pointing it out to him. They made only 25 during their 25th anniversary year. I bought one right away and after they send emails and announced them on the site, they still had a couple two weeks later, so I bought another. The black chrome on the teardrop shape gives a deep reflection like a still lake at night; you can see right into your very soul.

Best,
Rutager
Old 05-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Shawn,

Yes, Fred doesn't have one, I have two and remind Fred of the fact often, sometimes I feel bad that I get so much enjoyment pointing it out to him. They made only 25 during their 25th anniversary year. I bought one right away and after they send emails and announced them on the site, they still had a couple two weeks later, so I bought another. The black chrome on the teardrop shape gives a deep reflection like a still lake at night; you can see right into your very soul.

Best,
Rutager
Wow! That description almost makes me feel a little sorry for Fred.

Well... almost.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:54 PM

I may be going crazy, but I seem to recall seeing somewhere that a specific mechanical pencil was found to work really well with the CS-2. Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

It was Roger Savatteri who did the research on mechanical pencils, Scott. Here's his post:

Pencils and sharpeners

(last post at the bottom of the page).