talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 AM

Default Re: BCT Fence Pivot Bases

Roger

To my earlier post, I got an email this past week from Alan Maier on the Inca Woodworking Forum on Yahoo. He has some Inca 259 sized miter bar gauge that he had custom made and is selling by the piece. I bought a pair of them.

Might be another choice for those with older Inca's that want to adapt the new BCTW fence to an Inca.

Neil
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Terry - call up Bridge City. They'll take care of you, regardless of your credit card situation.
Poto and TahoeTwoBears, thanks. I sent them an email and they told me not to worry.

As for the 259, I did buy some of the bar stock that Alan Meier was selling. Roger, There is a discussion on the Inca Yahoo group about how you need a different bar stock. I believe Alan is trying to source some stock to work with the cabinet saws.

However, I am still trying to figure out the initial reference. Was there a discussion tying this BCTW tool to the 259?

Terry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:35 AM

Terry,

I have both Inca saws, the 259 & the 2200 cabinet saw.
The last bar stock for the 259 is already on its way. (thanks nelic!)
The 2200 bar stock is a different size and Alan Maier is putting that order together.
Though my intent is to use the BCT sled on the cabinet saw, its always nice to have the option for the 259 as well. (that little 259 is a powerhouse with a 2 house motor!)

Regarding the 259, the whole table tilts in order apply an beveled cut. (which is very impractical)
So having a BCT precision sled with a "Gull Wing" feature would make this saw much more useful.

hmmm, the "Gull Wing" feature is something I discussed on the BCT site and maybe here where one is able to apply beveled cuts with the use of the sled.

cheers,
roger
Old 02-13-2012, 04:26 AM

Roger

Seems the gull-wing design will take a lot away from the depth of cut. 3/4 in ch base plus 3/4 inch gull wing if I understand how you are going to design it. Perhaps on your 12" 2200 that might work, but even on a 10" it seems like you are going to use a lot of depth when you could just tilt the blade. Of course, tilting the blade probably causes problems with the fence.

Anxious to see a drawing on how you'll design it.

neil