talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default New fence system for the JMP

John just announced the new fence system for the JMP on his blog:

Jointmaker Pro Precision Fence System | John's Blog

I urge you to take a look at it. There are some really wonderful features to it: micro-adjustability, flip stops that work with the Kerfmaker and Tenonmaker, a miter attachment that works with the AMP, and angled hold-down clamps.

This is the base of the fence system:

The base holds the extruded fence and accessories:

A Melamine piece covers the fence, and the flip stops allow repeatable cuts.

The system will accommodate articulated clamps:

and a miter attachment:

And then there are the hold-downs...
Old 11-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel
Default Re: New fence system for the JMP

And it is super cool for the JMP but he's also working on a table saw version. oooh sign me up
Old 11-12-2011, 02:03 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

I haven't taken my JMP out of the box yet (waiting for the right project) but I can see where this fence will be a big help. It's too bad the same fence won't easily move to the table saw.
There is still a fairly large "gap" with the JMP -- ripping stock. With that solved it will be a perfect tool for making small boxes, etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:52 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Upon further review -- the new fence does appear to me that it will require or at least benefit if the JMP is positioned at a greater (steeper) angle than I've seen with the BCT stand and other home-built bases. It appears that it might somewhat obscure the visibility of the workpiece while cutting.
Other thoughts from current users?

Attn. PAUL -- I still await the photos/detail of the base that you built for your JMP.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
Upon further review -- the new fence does appear to me that it will require or at least benefit if the JMP is positioned at a greater (steeper) angle than I've seen with the BCT stand and other home-built bases. It appears that it might somewhat obscure the visibility of the workpiece while cutting.
Other thoughts from current users?

Attn. PAUL -- I still await the photos/detail of the base that you built for your JMP.
hmmm,
From my personal experience as to the mechanics of "pushing" the tables in a forward motion I would tend to think that any more of an angle would prove to be uncomfortable ergonomically.
One could still bend over and look while cutting and if not just stop pushing and take a closer look.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post
hmmm,
From my personal experience as to the mechanics of "pushing" the tables in a forward motion I would tend to think that any more of an angle would prove to be uncomfortable ergonomically.
One could still bend over and look while cutting and if not just stop pushing and take a closer look.
You certainly have the experience with the JMP to know.
I also thought about negative of pushing more up-hill. The other possibility could be a bit lower table. As I recall, the recommendation is for the top of the JMP to be at about your belt line. Maybe, the same would be for the top of the new fence. It may not be any problem at all but it just appears to be a very high fence to me.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
D'oh! Brain #fail! I'll record it today and send you the link.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:17 PM

Now, THAT seems to be what I've been looking for. I had earlier written of the one disappointment I have with my JMP - its fence/holddown system. If we weren't in such a cyclonic whirl trying to get everything ready to Head Outside for a few months..ie, as in a few dozen hours - I'd like to take the time to look more closely.

On the other hand, we absolutely expect to be driving right through Beautiful Downtown Portland OR during one phase of our travels, and so.....
Old 11-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaRanger View Post
Now, THAT seems to be what I've been looking for. I had earlier written of the one disappointment I have with my JMP - its fence/holddown system. If we weren't in such a cyclonic whirl trying to get everything ready to Head Outside for a few months..ie, as in a few dozen hours - I'd like to take the time to look more closely.

On the other hand, we absolutely expect to be driving right through Beautiful Downtown Portland OR during one phase of our travels, and so.....
So, where are your travels taking you this time? You know you'll have to do mandatory visits (or at least brief stops) if you come anywhere near any of us.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:46 AM

WOW! Bridge City Tools Behind the Scenes