talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 01:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears
Default Re: SoCal Jointmaker Pro Get Together

It's really looking like I'm going to be coming down off the hill sometime at the end of June....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

hey folks, so in the spirit of "thinking" about it - the thought process has evolved to this,,,,,

Here's a rough thought with a target date,

John (Economaki) and I have exchanged a few emails and he thinks it would be a blast to come on down for an informal get together for JMP owners in SoCal.
(He's hinted at bringing down a few surprises) The only date he has available is the weekend of June 25.

By that time I will have already moved my studio to it's new location closer to home. (hmmm, just down the street) There might be a few unpacked boxes,
but the general layout will be all set up. More importantly so will my JMP's including the SW model which will be set up and "running".

And as Joraft has so subtlety mentioned - my skills at the barbeque haven't evaporated in my blur of renovations I've been involved with lately.
(the main reason for my obvious absence from the daily activities here at tF.)
So I'm sure we could work something out to take a break from all that sawdust being made with the JMP's and the HP-6v2's.

So the rough thought is that I could handle an intimate crowd at my studio on that weekend. (The new studio is a tad smaller then my present one)

let's keep the thoughts rolling.
cheers,
Roger
Now THAT sounds like a great weekend! I'd be willing to bring some barbecue supplies (like maybe a side of beef ).

Roger, I can't wait to see that new studio of yours. I'm guessing that all the drive time you'll be saving will be spent working (and/or playing) in your new place.

If things work out as planned, my shop should be far enough along (if not completely finished) for a quick tour that weekend as well.

Poor Peter, once my shop is finished he'll have to find someone else to .

Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Bummer,

I just looked at the calendar. Mini Meet West is just before that weekend. It's at North Lake Tahoe and I've been assured that my car will be finished by then. We're committed. Why don't we do this up at the Lake (weather's great by then) and the two of you can just bring your shops along for show and tell?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Sheesh! The abuse I'm taking in this thread. Probably all deserved. But still...

Unfortunately (at this point) that weekend won't work for me - I'll be on my way to England for a conference. Bummer, as this sounds REALLY FUN!!!! I'm having second thoughts about this conference (I'm on the organizing committee), so we'll have to see how things play out.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Wow, double-excellent!

Count me in! Count me in!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Wow, this thing is falling apart real fast!

If an alternative date is set, I'm pretty much available any time, except the third week in May (woodworker's school) and and the second and third week of August (Hawaii ).

Old 02-23-2011, 05:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Bummer,

I just looked at the calendar. Mini Meet West is just before that weekend. It's at North Lake Tahoe and I've been assured that my car will be finished by then. We're committed. Why don't we do this up at the Lake (weather's great by then) and the two of you can just bring your shops along for show and tell?
Will that be John's "Shop 3.0"?! We need a new shop map...

Old 02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post

Will that be John's "Shop 3.0"?! We need a new shop map...

The finished product will still be 1.0.

Shop 2.3 is for staging and storage only, and is temporary (at least that is the plan ).

Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I might have to hitch a ride to CA to stand-in for Peter if he can't make it! I wonder if anyone would pickup a hitchhiker with a JMP under his arm?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Grab Laurie (and her JMP) on your way - it'll probably help with getting picked up. (Hitchhiking, I mean...)