talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Founding Member

Default Bridge City Sale Saturday 02/03/11

Guys, Gals & Mutts,

I just got off the phone with John Economaki and Bridge City is having a huge sale on Saturday. It took me about 30 seconds to make up my mind when John told me about the HP-6 sale and I will bet anyone that has wanted to make perfect profiles will also jump on this. If any of you know Rutager then you would have had your ears bent backward while he extols the virtues of the HP-6 and every profile available. Rutager loves this plane so much that he has 67 bodies so that every profile is already setup. I would suggest that maybe, we, the normal people do not need 67 bodies but that this sale will be perfect for us.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Bridge City Sale Saturday 02/03/11

As usual, Fred is exaggarating a bit! He is right that I'm a HUGE fan of the HP-6 and all the different profiles that can be made. Seeing a crisp profile emerge from your board by the work of your own hands is sweet! The bonus is that you are working in peace and quiet; no screaming router!

For the record, I only have 6 of the planes! but I have all the soles (approx 30.)

-Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

I'm eager to see what they put together for the HP6v2 part of the sale. It sounds like 50 bundles will be made with the plane body and some mix of profiles. I hope there is some promotion of the profiles without the body. I'm not a hexapod like Rutager! I only have a few profiles, though I've used them all a couple times.

Anyone know if the sale is just for Founder's Circle members? Really think he should do that; for one, the sale will exhaust the supply with just FC members buying and it might promote selling a number of FC memberships. Worse case, make the sale open to everybody the following Monday.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Administrator

02/03/11 was yesterday, and as I recall it was a Thursday.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:16 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

I've started to buy one a few times but I always seem to get confused on what to buy (meds) -- are these going to be "package deals"?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

You can check for yourself at this point. (And yes they're packaged). Look under the ON SALE tab on John's site. It seems to be all posted now.

Mike
Old 02-05-2011, 12:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

My credit card will need the meds... nice stuff up there... some already gone!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

OK, The sale is on the HP-6 and not the V2. As I understand it the V2 will accept ALL old, current and future sole & iron sets but the HP-6 will only accept the old sole & iron sets -- do I have that correct?

Whoops -- reading further I see they have the V2 on sale also.

Last edited by RONWEN; 02-05-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:46 AM

Mostly! The bundle includes the V2 stuff along with a few of the older soles. Rarely on the new soles if the profile is thin enough for the HP-6 mounting screws they will make it backwards compatible. This doesn't happen much though because one of the benefits of the V2 is that the dovetail mounting method allows for full width profiles, while the old soles were screwed on and the profiles had to fit between the screw slots.

-Rutager
Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

I just dropped $200 on about $500 worth of stuff! Great sale! They still have a lot of the HP-6v2 bundles and separate soles for sale. I'm bummed I missed the skew chisels ($20 each) and augers ($2 each) - I dithered about 5 minutes too long!