talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 02:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel
Default Re: Bridge City Sale Saturday 02/03/11

Ha ha, in theory, I paid $15 more on shipping than I needed, but once a "high profile" item I wanted showed up, I'd pay for it since I saw one or two items appear and disappear quickly.

So, for anyone interested in the HP6v2 bundle (Rutager? more? ) remember to head to the sharpening page to buy the hones for your blades and a tube of the diamond paste if you don't already have one.

I really want the "CT-18" to be the new web site. Would be nice to be on the irons page and have "related items" be the hone. Instead, it is often a discontinued tool.

I'll let ya know how the full set of augers are, Poto-san I thought about the chisels, too... the picture was a crook-neck skew. I would have snagged that, but they were just straight.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:51 AM

I also picked up four soles, a short rule, and a countersink for around 250 with shipping. It was a fire sale!

It's the first time I can recall BCTW taking paypal, but perhaps they always have. I went to pay and found 160.00 in my paypal account from some past ebay sales I had forgotten about. So found money!

neil
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:22 PM

Paul,

The HP-6V2 bundle is a great deal; but since I have every sole and multiple bodies and fences, it isn't for me. Duplicate bodies and fences are fantastic, but having two of the same sole would only be useful on a couple of them and only under super rare circumstances. Most of the profiles are used on the edge and only have one correct fence reference. The "V" groove and dadoes could be set up in multiples if your project called for different locations and you didn't want to change your fence.

I did buy a few items that I needed, and will be keeping my eyes open for more sales!

-Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:10 PM

Oh, I was only kidding you, Rutager. I bought the HP6v2 bundle from the sale though I have a couple irons. For the price of the irons and the number of them, you got the plane body and fence for free plus a couple irons, too. That seemed like a good deal (at least I was able to convince myself of that at the moment).

I blame this all on you and Roger, actually. Your respective project posts and conversations with Roger convinced me to try it out. Dammit
Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

I blame all of you...
Old 02-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

We all need therapy...

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Therapy won't help. We all need wood to start building things with our new tools! Probably jewelry boxes (filled jewelry boxes) would be a good thing to start with...
Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Therapy won't help. We all need wood to start building things with our new tools! Probably jewelry boxes (filled jewelry boxes) would be a good thing to start with...
Why? I'm not gonna wear it...
Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Okay - I'm thinking of those of us who are married, and spending our child's college tuition on tools...
Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
We all need therapy...

One indication might be that I laugh uncontrollably and hideously the entire time I am ordering...