talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 02:40 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Assembling the JMPv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
This is a surgical procedure.
Aaaaah, the guy (he's called "Doc") that usually removes my gunshot bullets always has a bottle of Maker's Mark to soak the instruments (better than an autoclave). Apparently he's a very sanitary guy because he also drinks most of the bottle.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Gotta keep those insides sterile!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
Aaaaah, the guy (he's called "Doc") that usually removes my gunshot bullets always has a bottle of Maker's Mark to soak the instruments (better than an autoclave). Apparently he's a very sanitary guy because he also drinks most of the bottle.
Sounds like Red Buttons in the 1960's remake of "Stagecoach" starring Mike Connors, Bing Crosby & Ann Margaret

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwino View Post
Sounds like Red Buttons in the 1960's remake of "Stagecoach" starring Mike Connors, Bing Crosby & Ann Margaret
Actually Mel Gibson, Greg Henry, Lucy Liu, James Colburn, Kris Kristofferson and Deborah Unger in "Payback" (1999).
Mel gets bullets dug out of his back -- the doctor is "sedated" with whiskey, Mel is stone sober.

Story Line: Porter is bad, but his neighbours are worse. Street-wise and tough, an ex-marine, he is betrayed by a one-time partner, and shot in the back by his junkie wife. He survives and returns, looking to recover his share from the robbery of an Asian crime gang. The money has passed into the hands of "the Outfit", a slick gangster organisation that runs the city. He has to make his way through a world populated by heroin dealers, prostitutes, sado-masochists, gunmen and crooked cops, a place where torture is a way of life. His only friend is a former employer, a prostitute, and her loyalty is in question, given she now works for the Outfit. He makes good early progress, but then falls into the hands of Fairfax, the crime boss.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Oh I remember now. Isn't that the Mel Gibson movie where he kills a lot of people?

No. Wait. That's EVERY Mel Gibson movie!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Oh I remember now. Isn't that the Mel Gibson movie where he kills a lot of people?

No. Wait. That's EVERY Mel Gibson movie!
No, this is the one where he kills lots & lots of people...
Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 AM

I've got a little time to think about a stand for my JMP, I'll probably wait until it's assembled and I start using it before I decide on something but I wonder if anyone is using the MFT/Kapex as a stand? It seems about the right size and I would be able to fold it & stow it when I'm not using the JMP. It seems it may have a bit smaller footprint than the BCT stand.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Roger Savatteri had his JMP on one of the old smaller MFTs, and has it bolted to the wall. Works great, though it's dedicated to the JMP.

Not sure what he's doing now.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Roger Savatteri had his JMP on one of the old smaller MFTs, and has it bolted to the wall. Works great, though it's dedicated to the JMP.

Not sure what he's doing now.
I like the idea of being able to fold the stand when not in use.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

I like the idea of being able to fold the stand when not in use.
Ron, if you use anything other than the Bridge City stand, it had better be just as stiff, or anchored to something. It wouldn't have to be a permanent anchor, but any MFT will need to be stabilized in some way.