talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Assembling the JMPv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Ron, if you use anything other than the Bridge City stand, it had better be just as stiff, or anchored to something. It wouldn't have to be a permanent anchor, but any MFT will need to be stabilized in some way.

I understand. If I go with the MFT/Kapex I'll also get the optional cross-brackets. I need to (first receive the JMP & assemble it) use it for a few projects to see how secure it needs to be anchored.

EDIT: I just checked the website, they are starting to ship in two (2) days!!!

Last edited by RONWEN; 10-11-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

... I need to (first receive the JMP & assemble it) use it for a few projects to see how secure it needs to be anchored.
I have received mine, but haven't begun assembly yet because I'm still waiting for the motor to arrive.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
I have received mine, but haven't begun assembly yet because I'm still waiting for the motor to arrive.
Hassle can probably help with that...

Did you order yours in this current batch? The official schedule says they will start shipping Oct. 14 -- you must have CLOUT!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

Hassle can probably help with that...

Did you order yours in this current batch? The official schedule says they will start shipping Oct. 14 -- you must have CLOUT!
Would you believe I ordered mine at the WIA.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Oh, I forgot to mention, it was WIA 2009!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:

I'M TRULY IMPRESSED!!!

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention, it was WIA 2009!

Oh, not so much...
Old 03-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

After using it for a few years, I got tired of putting my foot way up on the crossmember to prevent "hop." While clearing out the studio, I came accross a perfect piece of local ash to make an auxiliary crossmember out of. It was really ugly on one side, so I chamfered it with a LN#5 and smoothed the remaining sides while I was at it. Two carriage bolts through holes drilled with CXS & a brad-point bit hold it in place.

My stand is jacked up as high as it will go, so shorter people might need a longer piece of wood.
Attached Thumbnails
assembling-jmpv2-image.jpg  

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959

Last edited by Wonderwino; 03-31-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

More pix.
Attached Thumbnails
assembling-jmpv2-image-1206699992.jpg   assembling-jmpv2-image-1760172002.jpg  

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 03-30-2014, 11:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

I've often thought that it would be nice to add "feet" of some sort that you could bolt to a piece of ply. You'd still have mobility but would be able to cut away.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

That's too funny: I don't even have the feet on mine! You should have let me know, Alex - you could have my feet, and bolt them onto yours!

I have my JMP sitting on an indoor-outdoor carpet that I got at Costco. It has a ridged pattern that holds the JMP feet securely, and it's big enough that I can stand on the carpet while using the JMP - it keeps everything from moving (we're all attached).