talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: The TENONMAKER: TM-1

Ummmm ... parking? As I keep pointing out, it's a shop-I-mean-garage.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Ummmm ... parking? As I keep pointing out, it's a shop-I-mean-garage.
You need to put your foot down like I did, and proclaim the garage as off limits to all vehicles.

(I probably should also mention that resulted in an argument that got me kicked out completely)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Did you get to keep your foot?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Did you get to keep your foot?
Yeah, but I had to pry it out of my mouth.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Thanks for the kudos, Paul. I'd love to see how you use your Kerfmaker with the guide rail and router. I have the KM-1, but have never used it.

And I agree with Jim - how do you do accents? I missed one in another thread on "voila"...

Thanks for the compliment, Jim! Since I type in French often enough (but perhaps not often enough...) I have the US-International keyboard installed on my Windows boxes and US Extended keyboard on the Mac.

This will be more than you care to know, but here goes (note this uses a regular keyboard; not a funky French keyboard):

Windows: in the Regional Settings control panel, pick the Languages tab. You'll have English-US already there. Click Add and add US-International. Set the Language Bar preferences to show it in the taskbar. Now, when you want an accent (or type in a Romance language), click the "EN" in the task bar (that's the language bar menu) and select US-International. To switch back, reverse that. When in US-International, a is typed by typing the accent first then the letter (accent won't show up until after). So type ` a. Cedilla is done with ' then c for . If the letter after the accent can't have one, the apostrophe (or whatever accent) will appear alone. That means you can type "don't" and you'll get 't. Tinker with it.

Mac: set an optional keyboard of US-Extended. On the Mac, you can stay in this keyboard with no problem unlike the Windows keyboard where the overload of the apostrophe as an accent is goofy at times. Here, option-e gives an ague accent, option-` a grave accent, option-6 a circumflex, option-~ a tilde. It will show it to you highlighted and the next character gets the diacritical.

Worse case on Windows, pull up "Character Map" (under Accessories; type 'char' <return> in the search to get it on Vista). Scroll down and you'll find them all there if you just want to impress Jim once

Okay, back to woodworking... I made a long post once about doing a walnut inlay into a cork floor. I used the KM-1 to nail the width of the dados I trenched into the cork with the OF-1400 on a guide rail.

Here's the post.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post

... When in US-International, a is typed by typing the accent first then the letter (accent won't show up until after). So type ` a.
Thanks for the useful tips, Paul.

I'd like to add that I've just found that getting these special characters on my keyboard requires pressing the right-hand "Alt" key while typing the characters involved.

I could get these characters into posts before, but not nearly as easily as now.

Thanks again, Paul.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Unfortunately I have a car where my table saw would go. But I appreciate the thought, Eiji.

Why? Do you have a table saw you feel the need to donate to a worthy amateur?
Poto, You need one of these -- It does a very nice job for those times when you need a table saw (for us amateurs) and it co-exsists very nicely with a parked car.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

I've thought of that, Ron - and thanks for the suggestion. For now I can manage with my MFTs, guide rails, ATF55 and bandsaw (though I think I'll get a bandsaw with more hp). If I find I need a table saw, I'll have to think hard about re-configuring my shop to accommodate a "real" one...