talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel
Default Where to get #1/4-28 brass screws?

Hello, all,

Off John's blog, I picked up some nice 1"-ish diameter brass knobs. Thing is, they have 1/4-28 internal threads and I have no idea where to look for 1/4-28 brass screws.

Any leads?

Thanks so much...
Old 08-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Where to get #1/4-28 brass screws?

Mcmaster-Carr? McMaster-Carr

Do they have to be brass?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Mcmaster-Carr? McMaster-Carr

Do they have to be brass?
Wow! What a site! Love the easy search... nobody else has a good search for stuff like this. As I click properties, I get narrowed down quickly.

Thanks for the link, Potomaster!

And, no, they don't have to be brass, but I thought it would look nicer with the brass knobs. First use is just for a shooting board fence, next, the world!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:02 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

There are other good industrial sites but McMaster Carr pretty much sets the standard for selection and next day delivery. I buy from them often -- One time I placed an order & about 25 minutes later decided to add an item, when I called them back the guy said wait let me see if I can catch the order... nope they had already loaded it on the truck!!! Many other businesses use them as a benchmark.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:11 AM

Excellent to hear, Ron.

Thing is, I'm already impressed by their web site. Normally sites for screws don't seem to be so fluid to locate what you want. In this case, I searched for my bare requirements "1-4"-28 brass screws" and it showed me all the other possibilities.

That web site, folks, was not designed off-shore...
Old 08-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you liked it so much, Paul-Marcel. So here's the thing: I got that site from John Economaki's blog! I've never actually ordered anything from them. The shame, the shame...
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 AM

While I started reading John's blog back in January, I only started keeping up with it lately. It is one of those blogs that actually costs you money Secretly I'm happy I was in Per when the posting for rosewood-filled brass knobs cuz I missed ordering them.

So, as coincidence would have it, someone elsewhere asked for help finding some hand wheels for a table saw. I figured McMasters-Carr would likely carry 5,000 different ones. Sure enough. By extension, you helped 2 people tonight.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

There was a post a while back for sources for knobs, etc. It may be useful to read through.

http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/non-fe...nobs-more.html

Industrial Supply Equipment from MSC Industrial Supply

Grainger Industrial Supply
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!