talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default The Bridge City CT-17 tool announcement!

John has promised to announce the new Commemorative Tool today. I can hardly wait! It's a pretty special thing. You should check out his blog (Bridge City Tools Behind the Scenes) to see the clues he's been giving us, to try to help us guess what the tool is.

I'd love to see Roger's face when he finds out what it is! Roger's been making some amazing guesses based on some very inscrutable information about the tool. He's nowhere close, of course, but such imagination!

Keep checking the BCTW site. I'm soooo excited!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ForumMFG
Default Re: The Bridge City CT-17 tool announcement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
John has promised to announce the new Commemorative Tool today. I can hardly wait! It's a pretty special thing. You should check out his blog (Bridge City Tools Behind the Scenes) to see the clues he's been giving us, to try to help us guess what the tool is.

I'd love to see Roger's face when he finds out what it is! Roger's been making some amazing guesses based on some very inscrutable information about the tool. He's nowhere close, of course, but such imagination!

Hey, what are you so excited for? You know what it is! Unless your excited to empty your wallet and put a down payment on the pre-order.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Awww, go ahead Poto -- SPILL YOUR GUTS! Maybe he'll even give you a free one.

(I added it to my Google Reader to watch for any changes on the site)

Last edited by RONWEN; 04-15-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 PM

Get ready to feel the ground shake!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Isn't it the coolest EVER!?! I love that you can rotate the blade to get two different cutting angles. And just look at the palm rest, which is the handle for the blade cap lever mechanism. And what about that gorgeous little finger rest that makes the adjuster for the mouth? Look familiar? Check out an earlier CT.

The sides are milled perpendicular to the sole so that you can use it on its side for end grain when the board is flat on a surface. And that adjuster is just out of this world!

There's so much thought, design, engineering and ingenuity that went into this plane. It's so different than anything out there. I have to say that I find it - like all John's tools - really inspirational. Building furniture to live up to the effort that went into this tool will definitely make for better furniture. From me at least.

I've got a giant version of the CT-17 as the desktop on both my computers. I've had the good fortune to be able to stare at it all day for the last couple of weeks. It just gets better with time.

Okay - so, was I right? Do you need one? :sdrool:
Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Sweeeet!

Price???
Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ForumMFG

Peter, do you think i can get a copy of those photos of the ct-17? I'd like to set it as my background as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 PM

Peter,

You were 1000% right.

What's scary is that John & Michael have just set a new benchmark for Bridge City's Tools - my head is already hurting to see what they are going to be coming out with next!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pola0502ds View Post
Peter, do you think i can get a copy of those photos of the ct-17? I'd like to set it as my background as well.
If you set the video at full screen and at 480p and freeze it you could do a screen shot.

.....For a screen shot on a Mac if you press the "Shift, Apple & 4" keys at the same time a cross comes up - as soon as you drag it over your image and release.....
Presto, it's on your desktop.

While we are on the subject for a screenshot on an Iphone - press the home button and then immediately touch down and release the on/off button up top and presto it's saved on your camera roll.

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 04-15-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pola0502ds View Post
I'd have to ask John first. I'll get back to you.