talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 07:23 PM

Default Re: The Bridge City CT-17 tool announcement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
Nope, $24K only.
Fixed for ya.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

I'm still wondering how seeing a nice picture of the plane was supposed to help with the wait. But it was a nice picture. Needed more Megan.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Administrator

I just received my CT-17, and while the plane itself is very nice, I'm also taken with the beautiful walnut box it came in. I have to wonder what machine was used to carve the BCT logo on the lid. The detail seems greater than any CNC carving machine could produce, but it doesn't have that burned look that a high res laser engraver leaves behind.

Bridge City Mike?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:29 PM

The lids are done by yours truly on our in-house laser. It is a 10 year old laser that is still performing quite well. I use it for prototype stuff and some smaller production work.

I think the quality of the burn comes from the fact that the core is mdf and not plywood. The mdf core does not have any voids and gaps that I sometimes encounter with the ply cores.

Glad you like it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

When I saw that picture, I was thinking that I've never seen one of the boxes with a logo on it. Hmm. I only have 2-3 boxes from older commemorative tools I picked up on bctwBay.

Nice job on the logo. I have a newfound respect for MDF since it is good enough for BCTW. I'll never feel guilty using one of my highly precise MDF jigs with a hyper-highly precise BCTW jig.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post

The lids are done by yours truly on our in-house laser. It is a 10 year old laser that is still performing quite well. I use it for prototype stuff and some smaller production work.

I think the quality of the burn comes from the fact that the core is mdf and not plywood. The mdf core does not have any voids and gaps that I sometimes encounter with the ply cores.

Glad you like it!
Thanks for the response, Michael, nice job!

What brand is your laser? I've seen many demos, and they have all seemed to burn substrates quite badly.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 AM

Universal Laser Systems

We have a 25 watt and a 50 watt. I did the boxes on the 25 watt.