talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM

Default Re: DJ-1 v.2

"Sorry if the wait is irksome to some of you! Just wait until you see what will be coming your way...."

Oh, upon reading my previous entry it could look like I am being a jackass! I meant it as "Wait until you see the products coming your way, they are so cool!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Either way - it sounds like we don't have to pay! I'm liking this more and more!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:18 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Either way - it sounds like we don't have to pay! I'm liking this more and more!

That was EXACTLY my take on that comment Poto -- COOL!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Mike,
For the record, I'm actually in favor in Bridge City's "eastern" approach to the concept of time!

And this just in.....
"Sparky" at the tool event Chicago holding a Stainless Foxtail......

(.....after he met Rutager from BCTW's forum.)

Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Was he able to slip it into his back pocket & feign an illness for a quick departure???
Old 04-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post
hey Ron!

how long ya been hanging around here?

fyi - this is the BCTW's time "conversion" guide.......

later in the week = approx 2 - 3 weeks
in about a week = 3 weeks
next month = in two
winter = spring
spring = summer

BCT isn't the only party that uses this time continuum. I ordered a kayak in 2005 and was told it would be ready in the 'winter of 2008'. I emailed back and asked if that was like January or February '08 or December '08? The response was something along the line of "Silly boy, of course that means December '08. I picked it up in May of '09. But it was worth the wait.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Hopefully, they are also very understanding about my using the same BCTW calendar when making my payment(s)...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ForumMFG

That's pretty damn funny!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Old thread, I know. I have been thinking about ordering one of these along with maybe the universal jaws as well, but they're described as "Basic". Is there/was there another set of jaws ? I don't remember the "Basic" designation when I last looked.

thanks ! terry
Old 02-04-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggyBuggy View Post
Old thread, I know. I have been thinking about ordering one of these along with maybe the universal jaws as well, but they're described as "Basic". Is there/was there another set of jaws ? I don't remember the "Basic" designation when I last looked.

thanks ! terry
When I saw the announcement and looked at the price for the new set an alarm went off in my head. The previous universal jaw assortment had more things in it. I checked my set to verify. I imagine that is why they have designated this jaw set as the basic.

The reason I was checking and was interested is that I have been contemplating selling my DJ-1 and the universal jaw set. I have only used it to drill 2 holes since new and am on the teeter totter of keep/ sell.

Peter