talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 12:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ForumMFG
Default What the heck is this?

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of the photo. What the heck is this?! Looks interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
what-heck-62807372.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:24 PM

Default Re: What the heck is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pola0502ds View Post
Take a look at the upper right hand corner of the photo. What the heck is this?! Looks interesting.
Dave,

The upper right hand corner is a shoulder plane...but I bet you might really talking about the upper left hand corner. It is the angle master pro 6i, an instrument to measure angles very precisely and is a discontinued Item presently. However I believe he will be reintroducing a new version of it soon.

Shoulder plane
Bridge City Tool Works - CT-14 1-1/8" Foxtail Shoulder Plane

Angle master pro 6i
Bridge City Tool Works - AMP-6i Angle Master Pro 6i - AMP-6i Angle Master Pro 6i

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

You mean the upper left? A digital micro-angle-finder, of course. Genious.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 02-05-2010, 03:27 PM

I got to see the angle finder and play with it at the Austin Lie-Neilsen road show. Pretty cool. Not sure what I'd us it ofr other than checking my squares but it's still pretty cool.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 02-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ForumMFG

Thanks Wayne.

I guess I wasn't with it this morning. I bet they are going to make a new run thats modified because it does look a little different.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 PM

Wayne,

That is the "new" version on the upper left.

Guys,

I posted a side by side photo here.......

Bridge City's New "Angle Master"

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 02-06-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Roger,

I wonder why the digital readout isn't engineered to give the ange on the readout instead of using a conversion chart?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:51 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnagle View Post
Roger,

I wonder why the digital readout isn't engineered to give the ange on the readout instead of using a conversion chart?
Yeah, why do I have to do the trig? :stongue:

Last edited by MichaelKellough; 02-06-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Michael,

My motto...."give a lazy man a hard job and he'll show you how to make it easy"

Old 02-06-2010, 02:12 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnagle View Post
Roger,

It probably isn't cost effective to produce a linear measurement device (caliper) to display angularity for a very limited appeal market. Maybe one of the Wixey or igaging measuring devices could be made to work???