talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ForumMFG
Default BCTW on DIY network - Cool Tools

Has anyone seen the episode that aired on Christmas Eve that featured the JMP and their japanese saws? I don't get that channel and was just wondering if they did a good review? I was hoping that it might appear on YouTube.

Also, I know the Kapex was featured on cool tools as well and you can download that episode from their website.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM

Default Re: BCTW on DIY network - Cool Tools

I seen it. It was a good show. Had an interview with John too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtonya View Post
I seen it. It was a good show. Had an interview with John too.

If it was a good show that will be a first. I saw one a few weeks ago where they had two miter saw products for cutting crown molding, one at the beginning and one near the end, in the same episode for crying out loud.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:40 AM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.

The show is what it is. I like it for some of the offbeat items they show but there isn't much indepth on any one tool. I did see a bit on Buddy Rhodes concrete that I am going to get for my mentoring students to cast concrete with.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrol View Post
The show is what it is. I like it for some of the offbeat items they show but there isn't much indepth on any one tool. I did see a bit on Buddy Rhodes concrete that I am going to get for my mentoring students to cast concrete with.
Matt,

I highly recommend the Buddy Rhodes system, I've used the wet system of casting concrete in the past and I prefer the "dry casting" system that Buddy Rhodes has developed.

In the photos below is a Fireplace surround that I had designed and built.
The "hearth" is made with the Buddy Rhodes system using the "coal on coal" mix. It was cast in my studio and placed into the fireplace as the last element installed.

I would recommend getting their instructional CD.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Nice Roger! I think I need to get you down here to re-do my fireplace. It's painfully lacking in anything approaching aesthetics. Plus, it doesn't match my furniture...
Old 01-06-2010, 03:52 PM

Roger,

That is awesome. So your just more than a woodworker??
Old 01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pola0502ds View Post

So your just more than a woodworker??
WAY more! The guy is full of surprises.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM

speaking of cool tools, how about Bridge City getting the DSS-6 and the KM-1 as runner-ups for the Best New Tools Award by Popular Woodworking Magazine. I at least thought the KM-1 would have got it.