talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Bridge City Tool Works (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/bridge-city-tool-works/)
-   -   CS-2 (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/bridge-city-tool-works/2936-cs-2-a.html)

ForumMFG 12-28-2009 07:01 PM

CS-2

Looks like the CS-2 is up for pre-order again. I'll be ordering mine this Thursday. Do any of you guys have this tool yet? How do you like it? The first time I saw it I thought what a must have tool it is.

I don't visit this forum very often but often enough. I just read on Johns blog about this place having it's own little BCTW's forum. Thats really cool you guys did this, I've been searching around online for some BCTW's forums and you can't find any. Except for Johns blog and community forum where no one posts anything.

I to have become additicted to this company, I've been in and out of rehab dozens of times now. I buy a tool and then I'm good for a couple weeks and then the addiction comes back! I overdosed today and pre-ordered the JMP-SW. I might be in rehab for months from this one! And whats this talk about a new rip saw?!

FYI, i'm ForumMFg on Johns blog and the FOG.

Qwas 12-28-2009 07:07 PM

Re: CS-2

You might need some blinders before strolling around. :) Watch out for the entire Manufacturers section we have, it could cause serious wallet problems. :)

Poto 12-28-2009 07:12 PM

I have the CS-2 and love it. I don't use it that much, but when you need it, it's the perfect tool. Make sure you get the mortise guide attachment - a very clever tool. You'll also want to get a pencil sharpener that makes a point with a very obtuse angle: the longer points made by most sharpeners will not fit in the centerscribe's hole.

ForumMFG 12-28-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 42784)
I have the CS-2 and love it. I don't use it that much, but when you need it, it's the perfect tool. Make sure you get the mortise guide attachment - a very clever tool. You'll also want to get a pencil sharpener that makes a point with a very obtuse angle: the longer points made by most sharpeners will not fit in the centerscribe's hole.

I'm assuming you mean acute angle? Right? Or is what I learned in Highschool gone to waste? Thanks for the info..

Qwas, I know what you mean. Thats why I only subscribed to this thread and the festool ones so I don't have to be tempted.

Poto 12-28-2009 07:25 PM

Well, what I really meant was that it has to be more obtuse than the very acute angle made by most sharpeners. But you're right - it's not an obtuse angle. Sorry if I confused you!

GregMann 12-28-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 42788)
Well, what I really meant was that it has to be more obtuse than the very acute angle made by most sharpeners. But you're right - it's not an obtuse angle. Sorry if I confused you!

One of my favorite movie lines of all time:

"How can you be so obtuse?"

Wonderwino 12-28-2009 07:44 PM

I'm not obtuse, but I could stand to lose a few pounds. Big eek :laughing1: :rofl:

RONWEN 12-28-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 42788)

Or, another way to say it is go for a point more like the pencils you get at the golf course for your score cards -- they are very close to being an obtuse angle.

GregMann 12-28-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RONWEN (Post 42795)
Or, another way to say it is go for a point more like the pencils you get at the golf course for your score cards -- they are very close to being an obtuse angle.

You are confusing obtuse with dull (as in worn down because you needed so many strokes). Poking

RONWEN 12-28-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregMann (Post 42797)
You are confusing obtuse with dull (as in worn down because you needed so many strokes). Poking

:laughing1: :rofl: :laughing1: :rofl: :laughing1: :rofl: