talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 PM

Default Re: CS-2

Depending on the kind of wood you are using, a mechanical pencil works too. Not recommended for open grain woods like oak.

Look for the el-cheapo mechanical pencils, without the new fangled rubber grips. These seem to work well in the CS-2.

(Also, ikea pencils...)

michael
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post
.........Look for the el-cheapo mechanical pencils, without the new fangled rubber grips. These seem to work well in the CS-2.
michael
A few months back I brought my CS-2 into one of the largest Art/Drafting stores in Los Angeles.
I spent an hour going through every mechanical pencil they had in stock fitting each one into the CS-2.
There were several that worked, there was one that was an absolute winner.
It works like a charm.

As I'm writing this I realize that it is in my workshop, I'll be there by mid-day and I'll post the info then.

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 01-07-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:27 AM

I started reading this thread and laughing with the line "obtuse, did you say obtuse? Now that was a good movie. I say that to my wife quite often.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post
Depending on the kind of wood you are using, a mechanical pencil works too. Not recommended for open grain woods like oak.

Look for the el-cheapo mechanical pencils, without the new fangled rubber grips. These seem to work well in the CS-2.

(Also, ikea pencils...)

michael

Thanks Mike thats a good Ikea idea