talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bridge City Toolworks "Jointmaker Pro Upgrade" Review . . .

If you check John's blog, you'll see that he's presently working on a rip system. I don't know anything about it other than that. It may have nothing to do with the JMP...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Roger,
What I had in mind was some kind of continuous cut. I think I need to come see your's.
Think- mid January

We'll talk later.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
If you check John's blog, you'll see that he's presently working on a rip system. I don't know anything about it other than that. It may have nothing to do with the JMP...
hmm,

must be the "Hundredth-monkey effect" kicking in.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 PM

In an effort to get more info up on a regular real time basis - I'm going to be posting "Tweeter-Like Posts" of specific JMP moments in the workshop.

In the following shots I'm really ecstatic over the wood-clamp from the JMP-sw that Michael sent me to test out.
It holds even a thin profile very securely and works well with any of the JMP versions. (below I'm using it on the JMP-v1 version to cut a miter)
You also see me using only one of the two that come in the set.

(It only comes standard with the JMP-sw, but I'm told it will be available as an accessory item) - one could also grab some maple and make one - oneself.

In the third shot I'm using the CT-15 to set the blade angle.
Remember, although there is a degree scale on the forward plate - it's always best to set the blade to the work.
(There are flip-stops to use if you need to go back to that angle at a latter date)

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 01-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 AM

Two things,

First, as a push for me to come up with creative uses for the JMPv1 & v2 I have come up with a "Tip-10" plan - where I will be posting a tip (or jig) every 10 days over at the BCTW forum.

Secondly,

To those that have the JMPv1 version & since the JMP upgrade deadline seems to be coming up (for all new versions as well - Feb 5th) the title of the first Tip (jig) is titled......
"What the hell am I gonna do with the old tables/ways after I order the upgrade rails?"......... here.... Bridge City Tool Works Forum

-Roger

Old 02-04-2010, 02:11 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

Two things,

First, as a push for me to come up with creative uses for the JMPv1 & v2 I have come up with a "Tip-10" plan - where I will be posting a tip (or jig) every 10 days over at the BCTW forum.

Secondly,

To those that have the JMPv1 version & since the JMP upgrade deadline seems to be coming up (for all new versions as well - Feb 5th) the title of the first Tip (jig) is titled......
"What the hell am I gonna do with the old tables/ways after I order the upgrade rails?"......... here.... Bridge City Tool Works Forum

-Roger

Save a few hundred bucks on the Kreg beaded face frame sliding fence rig?