talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: Bridge City Toolworks "Jointmaker Pro Upgrade" Review . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Wow! Those are sweet! Seeing them next to the old system makes the old one look wimpy. I'll have to see if I can make time to come and visit you over Christmas, before you have to give those back.

Bet you're going to buy some!

ME TOO! I'll be in Culver City from the 24th - 30th. Peter, can I catch a ride if you make it?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Roger, what will be laser etched white? And, why?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:27 PM

Before things get confusing:
Roger, John E was referring to the laser etched hand print and line on the table tops. They will be etched brighter (whiter) on the production run. They are not quite up to standard as you have them there. There will not be anything else laser etched on the table tops besides the things you see on your samples.

Michael
Old 12-10-2009, 12:07 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

Wow, that is really a significant difference!
I'm sure that you'll cover it all in the review -- I'm curious about the one piece table, two piece table change?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure what you're seeing, Ron, but I'm pretty sure that there are two tables in each case, and each table is one piece. The tables are pretty much the same - it's the rails that are totally different.

It just dawned on me: you mean the new JointMaker Single Wing (JM-SW), don't you? Sorry about that!
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Not sure what you're seeing, Ron, but I'm pretty sure that there are two tables in each case, and each table is one piece. The tables are pretty much the same - it's the rails that are totally different.

It just dawned on me: you mean the new JointMaker Single Wing (JM-SW), don't you? Sorry about that!
Correct.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeCityMike View Post
Before things get confusing:
Roger, John E was referring to the laser etched hand print and line on the table tops. They will be etched brighter (whiter) on the production run. They are not quite up to standard as you have them there. There will not be anything else laser etched on the table tops besides the things you see on your samples.
Michael
The same question was brought up on Fog, to which I added -

While we are on the subject, (after an e-mail to John) I like to clarify as well some other points.........

The actual rails will be the same design & same black color.
The "SAFETY" graphics of the production model will be the same quality as the original JMP tables.
The tables will be the same color orange.
The linear sliders will be different yet look the same, the production slider's (which encloses the linear bearings) decibel level will be the same as the one's sent.
The tables will be slightly smaller, Hole pattern changes because of slot re-location. Functionality is identical.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post
[I]

Off Topic: I notice in the picture that you have MFT's setting on top of MFT's -- is it safe to assume that you kind of like MFT's??? Back on Topic.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
Off Topic: I notice in the picture that you have MFT's setting on top of MFT's -- is it safe to assume that you kind of like MFT's??? Back on Topic.
Actually, there was a time a little while ago that I needed a work surface that was higher than the 1080 height, a closed MFT 800 placed on top was just the ticket.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

I went to the BCT site this morning and noticed that if I added the JMP v2 to my "favorites" list, it became available to pre-order with a 50% deposit.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959