talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Bridge City Toolworks "Jointmaker Pro Upgrade" Review . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
And it's a watercolor! Amazing!
If you are serious that is incredible!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure I'm serious. He's known for his watercolors, and if you look at the edge of the picture, it has a watercolorish edge, rather than a photograph edge.

The web site is definitely worth a look.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 PM

Location: Born and raised in Omaha,NE. Trying to scratch out a living doing fine art in the midwest.

Joslyn Art Museum

Here is one of his oils right here in Omaha.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm serious. He's known for his watercolors, and if you look at the edge of the picture, it has a watercolorish edge, rather than a photograph edge.

The web site is definitely worth a look.
Double amazing!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 AM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrol View Post
Joslyn Art Museum

Here is one of his oils right here in Omaha.
I didn't know he was American.

Raffael, Joseph (born 1933), American Blackfoot (Bear Bull), 1970,
oil on canvas, 79 1/2 x 61 1/2 in.; 201.93 x 156.21 cm.

"Raffael studied with the celebrated German émigré Josef Albers who,
though a significant abstract artist, counseled his students to follow their own vision."

Last edited by MichaelKellough; 12-09-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM

The "prototype" linear table mechanisms (recirculating linear bearing system) arrived yesterday evening just as I needed to leave the studio. Of course I made the time to open up the package and at least perform the initial set up. My first impressions as I was walking the heavy box in from the UPS truck was, what else did Michael send put in there aside from the prototype rails and tables? Answer - The Prototype rails and tables. The package weight read 18 pounds (including the box). As you could see from the photos below it's a substantial unit weighing about twice the original ways and tables. (I'll check the weight today) There is absolutely no slop between the new sliders and the rail - the tolerances are very tight. I carefully inserted each rail into the pockets that are cut into the front and rear plates of the JMP, being sure to bottom it out in the pockets. (see close up below) The next time I get in I’ll be following John’s checklist for aligning and securing the new upgrade. I have a bunch of miters to cut for a framing element on some bamboo cabinet doors and drawer fronts I’m making, so that will be the first task on my list. Hmmmm, naw! Cutting some maple 8/4 stock will be the first task!

Just pushing the tables back and forth as it loosely sat in its position was a pure joy. Yeah, it’s a little noisier and one will probably not be able to talk on the phone and make cuts at the same time without the person on the other end of the line knowing that they do not have your undivided attention!
Well, I could live with that.

Below you’ll see some comparable photos between the existing tables and ways and the upgrade prototype. John says that the production run will be laser etched white and that the sliders will be completely different although they will look quite similar.

Looking forward to my next installment.

Roger

Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 12-09-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:40 PM

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 12-09-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Those are sweet! Seeing them next to the old system makes the old one look wimpy. I'll have to see if I can make time to come and visit you over Christmas, before you have to give those back.

Bet you're going to buy some!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Founding Member

Roger,

Those new rails are beefy buggers! BTW...

Dan.