talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas
Default Re: New Joint Maker Pro goodies from BCTW

I too, am anticipating the JMP in my shop! Which Wednesday did you mean to get back to us, Roger?

What are your recommendations on extra blades and TPI count? I have a vague recollection from my 12/09 visit that you use the coarse blades the most.

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:12 PM

hmm, what's a Jointmaker Pro?

the truth is I've been a bit distracted lately with a renovation project I've been working on a rental property - (more on this on a later date.)

As far as the accruements that would aid in the use of a JMP, the next time I'm at my shop I'll go over it and refresh myself and report back here (before this coming Wednesday )

btw, the blade that I've gotten the most use of is the 28tpi.
Yes it will even cut beautiful shaves off of scrap Cocobola.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hasslefactor

I'll be looking forward to your list, too, Roger!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Roger,

There's really no hurry. I noticed that the anticipated new date is "late Sept."

Mike
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post

There's really no hurry. I noticed that the anticipated new date is "late Sept."
This could work out great, I ordered my JMP at last year's WIA, maybe I can pick it up at this year's.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

I really wish that you folks would get your JMP's going and show off all of the neat projects that you produce with it so that I can get that last ~30% excited about ordering one for myself. I've been rearranging my garage to a point that I have a fair amount more space that I can devote to things like JMP's, lathes, workbench, etc.
I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a forum/user group that shares JMP information, techniques & projects.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

There is, actually, Ron. Go to the Bridge City home page. At the bottom you'll see a link to "Community Forum". You can become a member easily there (it's different from your login to post on John's blog). You'll find sections on the JMP, the DJ-1, etc.

Unfortunately, nobody (except Rutager and occasionally Roger) posts there.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
I really wish that you folks would get your JMP's going and show off all of the neat projects that you produce with it so that I can get that last ~30% excited about ordering one for myself. I've been rearranging my garage to a point that I have a fair amount more space that I can devote to things like JMP's, lathes, workbench, etc.
I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a forum/user group that shares JMP information, techniques & projects.
I really wish mine would arrive so I could play with it and maybe make a project ('neat' or not is your call )

I ordered mine in February-ish so September is nearly overnight delivery for me.

Also, there is a forum on BCTW's site and a subforum for JMP stuff. Rutager West and Roger Savatteri are both active posters there. Roger pushed me over the hump to get an HP6v2 that I've used a lot already. Rutager's projects pushed me over the hump to order the JMP.

Last edited by PaulMarcel; 08-23-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the forum info
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMarcel View Post
I really wish mine would arrive so I could play with it and maybe make a project ('neat' or not is your call )

I ordered mine in February-ish so September is nearly overnight delivery for me.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Unfortunately, nobody (except Rutager and occasionally Roger) posts there.
True, but the rest of us are also waiting on the JMP to arrive