talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Default Re: New Joint Maker Pro goodies from BCTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Won't work if it's aluminum.
no kidding!

I was actually thinking of tapping or gluing them in.

also, by just having a cantilevered catch under the table where the lip would slide right in could also work.,,,,,,,, as well as dovetail keys.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 PM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post
That's a thought!

After the table is pushed up I could see some rare earth magnets set under the lip of the bottom of the moving table with an inverted lip on the insert, that would just then snap in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Won't work if it's aluminum. Though you could put some kind of magnetic material there to aid with the snapping together...

Maybe sliding dovetail keys? They're pretty cool, and very BCTW.
I don't think that Roger has in mind to have the magnets penetrate the aluminum -- perhaps matching drilled holes in the opposing lips with magnets epoxied in place? I guess they should be removable though...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
I don't think that Roger has in mind to have the magnets penetrate the aluminum -- perhaps matching drilled holes in the opposing lips with magnets epoxied in place? I guess they should be removable though...
these smaller ones screwed in......
Rare-Earth Ring Magnets - Lee Valley Tools

Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 AM

next one's up,,,,,

Jointmaker SW, Jointmaker Pro v2 First Look…........

Bridge City Tools Behind the Scenes

Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

So, Roger,

Here's the question we all need answered (in anticipation of the new toys coming in June). When I was at your shop, you mentioned that I'd NEED a couple of fences that weren't stock. Can you make a list of all the extra goodies I (we) need to order with my (our) JMP's?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

I'll second that request
Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 AM

I use the Rockler fence clamps on mine. Drill 3/8 holes in the top of the 3/4" fence every 2 inches. Drop the clamps wherever you need to clamp a stop block or piece you are cutting. I use them all the time.

Universal Fence Clamps - Rockler Woodworking Tools

Swing the clamps to he outside wren not in use

Neil
Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
So, Roger,

Here's the question we all need answered (in anticipation of the new toys coming in June). When I was at your shop, you mentioned that I'd NEED a couple of fences that weren't stock. Can you make a list of all the extra goodies I (we) need to order with my (our) JMP's?
Thanks,
Mike
Just noticed your post ...
I'll chew on your request & when I'm at the studio tomorrow I'll snap some shots as well ..........of the list.
I'll also talk about the base as well if you're not ordering the stock stand.
That would also include misc. hardware.
Ok, .......the brain cells are clicking - give me to Wednesday.

Roger

Old 04-20-2010, 07:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PaulMarcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc View Post
I use the Rockler fence clamps on mine. Drill 3/8 holes in the top of the 3/4" fence every 2 inches. Drop the clamps wherever you need to clamp a stop block or piece you are cutting. I use them all the time.

Universal Fence Clamps - Rockler Woodworking Tools

Swing the clamps to he outside wren not in use

Neil
Definitely like that idea.. and I have some! Well, at least that accessory didn't cost anything... un-scathed...
Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TahoeTwoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears
So, Roger,

Thanks,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post
Just noticed your post ...
I'll chew on your request & when I'm at the studio tomorrow I'll snap some shots as well ..........of the list.
I'll also talk about the base as well if you're not ordering the stock stand.
That would also include misc. hardware.
Ok, .......the brain cells are clicking - give me to Wednesday.

Roger

Looks like we're moving towards a receive date. Talked with Michael (the Bridge City one) the other day and he told me that August delivery will probably be real. I'll be in Montana until sometime in Sept so I'll have to hold mine (unless I go crazy and have it shipped to my camp site so I can just view it). I won't get back into the shop down south to assemble it until early October, so I'm really starting to get itchy about the entire project. But nonetheless, I think I'd better order all of the goodies that I'll NEED to go with it.

So, with that said, Roger and Michael, any hints about what else we'll need? I'll need to order soon, so I'm not using a telepgraph or smoke signals to get the rest of my order in.

Mike