talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Bridge City Tool Works (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/bridge-city-tool-works/)
-   -   New (sexy) Bridge City tool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/bridge-city-tool-works/2231-new-sexy-bridge-city-tool.html)

Poto 07-23-2009 09:37 PM

New (sexy) Bridge City tool

You've got to go to the Bridge City Toolworks web site and check out John's blog: Bridge City Tools Behind the Scenes He shows the new tool they're bringing out for Christmas. Sweet! Black Chrome. Oooooo!

mckenziedrums 07-23-2009 09:54 PM

Re: New (sexy) Bridge City tool

After 600 lines of test scripts making sure just the prescription portion of our EMR works I deserve to take a few minutes out of my day to check for pretty tools ;)

Wonder what the price tag on that is going to be. The billet stainless grip makes me think 200ish

RogerSavatteri 07-23-2009 10:31 PM

Wow, I'm a little late to this party!

I did chat with Natasha today (just now) and most probably, the rules that will be available will be English, Metric and flip English-Metric. Whether they will be available together as was in the DSS-6 Double Saddle Sq.-Set or ordered separately still remains to be seen.

I did ask her whether this gives us a break until November-ish for any more new tool roll outs from BCTW,,,,, her reply was basically .... a sweet no-comment.

The rules for the CS-12 SE will not be compatible with the DSS-6 or the CS-6.

Now, one hope for an accessory(s) to this whole package would be the option for an 18'' rule or set of rules! :D

,,,,,,r

p.s. take a look at the new design forum John is initiating on the BCTW forum. (I can't wait for the upload- picture video to come out)!

Poto 07-23-2009 10:38 PM

Yes - I've already posted on that design forum. Great idea. Though maybe we should link our forums (fora?) together - he'd get a bigger audience here.

I'm guessing that the price on the CS12 SE will be >$300. Black chrome. Stainless steel.

(Sounds like the "Beverly Hillbillies" sound track, doesn't it? "Black gold. Texas tea.")

RONWEN 07-23-2009 10:40 PM

SWEET.

RONWEN 07-24-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri (Post 28697)

Wow, I'm a little late to this party!

I did chat with Natasha today (just now) and most probably, the rules that will be available will be English, Metric and flip English-Metric. Whether they will be available together as was in the DSS-6 Double Saddle Sq.-Set or ordered separately still remains to be seen.

I did ask her whether this gives us a break until November-ish for any more new tool roll outs from BCTW,,,,, her reply was basically .... a sweet no-comment.

The rules for the CS-12 SE will not be compatible with the DSS-6 or the CS-6.

Now, one hope for an accessory(s) to this whole package would be the option for an 18'' rule or set of rules! :D

,,,,,,r

p.s. take a look at the new design forum John is initiating on the BCTW forum. (I can't wait for the upload- picture video to come out)!

I'll second that, hopefully an 18" blade option. :thumbsup2: