talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 PM

Default Bridge City's KM-1 and the TS55/TS75,,,,,,

I recently exchanged and email with someone here and the discussion of the KM-1 and it's application with the TS55/ TS75 came up. It's obvious application comes up with table saws, bandsaws, and all things with a stationary spinning blade (or JMP). The use with the TS series peeked my curiosity, so I wrote Michael over at BCTW,,,,, I thought I'd share it,,,,,,,here is his reply,,,,,,

"In order to use the KM1 with ts55, one would have to reference off the guide rail/fence that the ts55 rides in. You would clamp a stop block onto your table, butt the KM1 against that, then butt the guide fence to that. Two km1 would probably make more sense, one at each end of the fence.
Actually, doing that in reverse order would probably make it easier and with less transcribing of measurements. So, you would set the saw and fence to where you need it, clamp it down. Then butt the KM-1 to the fence, then clamp a stop block next to the KM-1."

cheers,
,,,,,,r

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: Bridge City's KM-1 and the TS55/TS75,,,,,,

That should work especially well when using the guide rail & LR32 guide plate for routing shelf mortises, etc with a 1/2" diameter or smaller cutter.

Last edited by RONWEN; 07-17-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

It's possible that the Qwas Dogs would be perfect as stops, though the round edge might make them a little shaky. I'd guess that the KerfMaker could replace my set up blocks that I use in combination with the Qwas Dogs to get repeatable cuts on the MFT...
Old 07-16-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
It's possible that the Qwas Dogs would be perfect as stops, though the round edge might make them a little shaky. I'd guess that the KerfMaker could replace my set up blocks that I use in combination with the Qwas Dogs to get repeatable cuts on the MFT...
Peter,,,,

What if you place an aluminum rectangle stock against the Quas Dogs and "Kerfsure" (measure) off of that. I'm thinking of a 1 by two inch aluminum rectangle hollow stock.
I use them all the time for both gluing and using as a straight edge.

these folks carry it.. Industrial Metal Supply Co. - San Diego
See picture below....

,,,,,r

Attached Thumbnails
bridge-citys-km-1-ts55-ts75-picture-7.jpg  
Old 07-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

That's a good thought, Roger. IMS is just a few miles from me, and I love going there. Really nice people!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
That's a good thought, Roger. IMS is just a few miles from me, and I love going there. Really nice people!

Peter,

While you are there,,,,,,,,,

my suggestion is to get at least two of the same lengths,,,, for future use as clamping cauls.

Perhaps somewhere between 8.5 to 10 feet whatever your more comfortable with. I believe they are sold in 20 foot lengths. First cut is free.

I love their location in Burbank, the first time I went there years back I felt I was Hans Solo getting parts for the Millennium Falcon.

,,,,,,,r

Old 07-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Another great thought, Roger! I could also drill them with holes to use my Veritas panel clamps. Do you cover them with tape or anything to stop them from staining the wood?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Another great thought, Roger! I could also drill them with holes to use my Veritas panel clamps. Do you cover them with tape or anything to stop them from staining the wood?
I never had that issue. I do wax them up before I do a glue up.
Another thought is to use this stuff...... Lee Valley Tools - Important Announcement and carefully streach it from end to end with one side (your face side) being streached smooth.

,,,,,r
Old 07-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

I just use packing tape. Nothing sticks to it, and it's easy to get smooth - even on the Pony clamps. Cheap too...