talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM

Default New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

any thoughts ? . .

John's Blog

Attached Thumbnails
new-mystery-tool-bridge-city-picture-39.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM

Default Re: New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

I don't know Roger but for 59.00 I want one.... I had to hold back on the stainless steel shoulder plane!

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

You too, Wayne? I just couldn't bring myself to spring for the $2500 for a plane I'd never be able to use (too beautiful).

I can hardly wait to find out what the mystery tool is!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 PM

Poto,

I'd have to order three of them... one to use, one save and one to sell later to get my money back...

I did just get the cj-2 and I have the dj-1 ordered. The cj-2 is perfect to use with the Leigh FMT since it works off the centers for the mortise and tenon layout.

I think the dj-1 drill jig will come in pretty handy as well.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Well - they've got 8 left from the original run of 50...

Do you mean the CS-2 (centerscribe)? I couldn't find a CJ-2. I also got the CS-2 and the mortise and tenon attachment. It'll be interesting to see how much I use it. I just couldn't justify the cost of the drilling jig, though I have to say, it looks seriously cool!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

On John's blog he tells us that we may want two (2) of them...

I think perhaps the drill bit is a red herring.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Administrator

I've never owned anything from Bridge City, but I also have the DJ-1 on order. Shouldn't be long now.

I have an idea, why don't we all chip in on the shoulder plane, and we can keep it at my shop. It'll be very safe there.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
I've never owned anything from Bridge City, but I also have the DJ-1 on order. Shouldn't be long now.

I have an idea, why don't we all chip in on the shoulder plane, and we can keep it at my shop. It'll be very safe there.
...and unused.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM

poto,
Yes I meant the cs-2. I also got the mortising attachment with it, but with the FMT I just mark the centers to match the cross hair site. Really makes it quick and accurate. I haven't done a project with it yet but it seems like I won't have to worry about working from the same face as much as before.

Ron,
Looks like the drill bit fits in the hole at the top of the tool. Also the picture keeps repeating to infinity. The description whets my appetite though.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

...and unused.
It just might get used, since it doesn't require power.