talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Default Re: New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

You guys are just proving a thought I've had from the beginning of this thread. Trying to please everyone all the time is the quickest way to business failure.

So many customers think what's truly fair is a little bit more than what you actually did. Even when you have bent over backwards (and forwards ).

I formed this opinion through decades of trying to please everyone.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:39 AM

Well they don't really need to please everyone all the time... I was just thinking about poor little me!

Some of the other dealers I go to would have done it for me but I've spent close to 15k and counting with them in the past year or so. I'm kind of a newbie at BCT and will probably never be one of the really big accounts...unless I hit the lottery this Friday. Then I won't even have to order...they will just send me every new tool as they design them and debit my account.

Hey... it could happen!

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:53 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Hey, Wayne, did you mean "whiney"?

When I'm feeling "winey" I never complain about anything.
...but I bet you then want something...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:07 AM

You guys crack me up.

Ron, I'll post resources for bushings once I get it all compiled.

Speaking of wine...I believe it might be wine-thirty.
Gotta run.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Hey - I had the same thought, Wayne. I had just bought the CS-2 and the mortise and tenon attachment, so I called up BCT. I wasn't expecting that they'd really give me the CS-6 for $14, particularly since the CS-2 I bought was a blem. But it was worth a shot.

No luck. But I eagerly await future sales!!!!
I actually lucked into this one. I was going to buy the CS-6 square which retails for $135. When I went to the site I found the "combo deal" & just had to go that way. As we have all seen, with BCT's you can pretty much get what you paid for them on ebay or sometimes even a little more.
Since I have the DJ-1 ordered I wasn't really going to get the CS-2 but I couldn't pass up the deal.

...And let me be perfectly clear here -- my BCT's won't be showing up on ebay.

Last edited by RONWEN; 07-12-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:03 AM

Ok so I didn't call and put my name on the drilling jig waiting list... Sorry Michael! What I did end up getting was a couple of squares and a rule. The cool part is the story behind them. They apparently were a gift from John's sister to the guy I bought them from. That package should be showing up early next week.

I still wanna know when the JMP blades will be in though... It's killing me having it sit there unused.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Wait: you know someone who's a good enough friend of John's sister that she gives him tools?!? And he doesn't want them?!?!?!? Oh, my head...
Old 07-12-2009, 05:14 AM

Hahaha... well truthfully he knew her room mate for a while I guess and while visiting them she saw some of his work and thought he might have a use for them. Apparently he doesn't do much if any woodworking these days and I promised him they would DEFINITELY get used.

Getting a TS-1, TB-1 (OLD school I believe...) and a 6" pocket rule.

He sent me this scan of the TB-1 on the catalog from 1986
Attached Thumbnails
new-mystery-tool-bridge-city-bridge-city-tools-catalogue-1986.jpg  
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM

Just a reminder.......

Today's July 20th......

Last day to pre-order the KM-1.

(I don't wanna see posts later saying we told you so's.) (............Eiji,,,, )

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/blog/

,,,,,,r

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 07-20-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, if you read John's blog on the Bridge City site, I'm the one getting slammed for not having ordered a KerfMaker. And after all I've done, saying nice things about his business...