talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Default Re: New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

Roger is correct, July 20th.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM

BridgeCityMike,

I got an email from bridge City about two weeks ago telling me If I bought the CS-2 and Tenon attachment together, I could get the CS-6 combination square for 14.09. Since I just recently bought those two Items, I called and asked if they would honor my previous purchase and let me get the combination square at 14.09.

She told me no, and further told me if I returned the first one and got a refund then I could re buy the items and take advantage of the special. Well speaking of special, it didn't make me feel like a customer that bridge city wanted to keep. I have planned on many future purchases to add to the purchases already made. Not to mention I didn't think it was fair to bridge city for me to return a used tool for a refund and re buy it new, just to get the square at 14.09.

I know you guys make great stuff and I know you have a hard time pleasing all your customers, but for a small thing like a 14.00 price on the square, I would think you'd treat your existing customers a little special too.

I'm not asking for anything from you, I still love your stuff, I'm still planning on getting the JMP on the next run and you new thingamajig, and other tools in the future... just letting you know I don't feel as compelled to bragging you guys up as much as I usually do. Food for thought.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnagle View Post
BridgeCityMike,

I got an email from bridge City about two weeks ago telling me If I bought the CS-2 and Tenon attachment together, I could get the CS-6 combination square for 14.09. Since I just recently bought those two Items, I called and asked if they would honor my previous purchase and let me get the combination square at 14.09.

She told me no, and further told me if I returned the first one and got a refund then I could re buy the items and take advantage of the special. Well speaking of special, it didn't make me feel like a customer that bridge city wanted to keep. I have planned on many future purchases to add to the purchases already made. Not to mention I didn't think it was fair to bridge city for me to return a used tool for a refund and re buy it new, just to get the square at 14.09.
A combination square for $14.09! Who authorized that sale!?! I need to meet with the marketing department, that's absurd!

Wayne, our records show that you purchased the CS-2 over 90 days ago. Now, BCTW tries it's best to provide quality service but the customer service department needs to draw the line somewhere. We do honor sale prices for recently purchased items and 30-45 days is pretty standard.
I hope you understand our position. Every customer is indeed important to us especially in this economy so please let me know if you have any more concerns.
Now, I need to go find who created this sale in the first place! $14.09!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
BridgeCityMike,

I know you guys make great stuff and I know you have a hard time pleasing all your customers, but for a small thing like a 14.00 price on the square, I would think you'd treat your existing customers a little special too.

I'm not asking for anything from you, I still love your stuff, I'm still planning on getting the JMP on the next run and you new thingamajig, and other tools in the future... just letting you know I don't feel as compelled to bragging you guys up as much as I usually do. Food for thought.
Mike,
Even though I have the new DJ-1 drill jig ordered (I think it would work with a pencil bushing for laying CL's) I jumped at the CS-2 & CS-6 combo special! I have received them & they are great tools as are all of the BCTs. Now, when I am working on projects I have to decide between using my CS-6 or my DSS-6 saddle square.

Please pass on to John that the "combo specials" work for sales & I hope to see more of them in the future.

By the way, where can I buy other size bushings for the DJ-1? Someplace like McMaster-Carr? I've ordered your complete set.

Thanks,
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 AM

BridgeCityMike,

Yeah I thought it was a particularly good sale as well but it really did come in my email. I'm not really sure what the square normally sells for but it didn't matter for that price...I wanted it! So I hope you do more of the combo sales in the future and maybe I'll get lucky!

Maybe I'm just feeling winey today wanting something for nothing.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Maybe I'm just feeling winey today wanting something for nothing.

Hey, Wayne, did you mean "whiney"?

When I'm feeling "winey" I never complain about anything.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hey - I had the same thought, Wayne. I had just bought the CS-2 and the mortise and tenon attachment, so I called up BCT. I wasn't expecting that they'd really give me the CS-6 for $14, particularly since the CS-2 I bought was a blem. But it was worth a shot.

No luck. But I eagerly await future sales!!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 AM

John,

I Have the CS-2 and it is particularly nice to use with Leigh's Frame Mortise and Tenon jig. Most methods of mortise and tenon work require layouts of the actual outside dimensions of the mortise and tenon. (which works well with the attachment to the CS-2)

However the Leigh works of of center lines and is so quick and precise when you use the CS-2. Usually I work from the good face to insure a smooth joint line but with the CS-2 and accurately dimensioned parts, even when I don't, I get a great fit.

I also have the DJ-1 ordered and anxiously waiting.

Last edited by wnagle; 07-09-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with you on that one, John: winey is so much better than whiney!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Yes I guess it is whiney... I didn't think it looked right when I typed it.

I Don't drink too much wine. It gives me a hangover before I'm finished drinking. But then again maybe I should buy the more expensive "$4.00 a bottle" wine.