talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Default Re: New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

<--- newbie on this particular forum...

I also happen to be a new customer to BCTW... As a result of me stumbling across a JMP for sale I've had a chance to speak with a few of the folks at Bridge City. I'd posted elsewhere about snagging this incredible tool and I guess they took notice... When I called to see about ordering some blades and parts the last thing I expected was when the person on the other side of the phone said: "We've been expecting your call"

After checking over my shoulder to ensure that no one was spying on me I inquired as to how they knew who I was... They had seen my post, done some extensive research, and even had Michael make me up a list of parts that were missing since I purchased it from a freight recovery place. Now, as someone that builds unique (and I like to think high end drums) I can understand the frustration of seeing one of your works of art sell for less than it should. However, they were quick to take care of me and make sure I had everything I needed to get my JMP up and running. As a result they've got a new customer and you darn well know I put my deposit down on a Kerfmaker. I'm thinking I may have to go order at least one more as well.

So from your new customer... Thanks John and Michael! I can't wait to see what new toys you come up with. (And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make that DJ-1 again!!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
<--- newbie on this particular forum...

Tim, welcome to the forum! I think you'll be a valuable addition.

Love your work!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be the first to say I'm really quite the novice on the woodworking side but I've got the bug bad and hopefully I'll be able to keep selling drums to afford the tools I greatly desire to own. (Read that as: Have a reason to justify to the wife how I could possibly spend $xxx.xx on another tool...)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post

I'll be the first to say I'm really quite the novice on the woodworking side but I've got the bug bad and hopefully I'll be able to keep selling drums to afford the tools I greatly desire to own. (Read that as: Have a reason to justify to the wife how I could possibly spend .xx on another tool...)
You'll love it here, your situation is very common.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

You've come to the right place for that, McKenzie! We're all master's of rationalization when it comes to expensive tools (power or otherwise). If you like, one of us could write a note to your wife (I am, after all, a doctor. Not medical, but I still get to use the "Dr." when needed...). I'm sure it would help.

I'm in the fortunate position that when I say to my wife, "I'm thinking of buying a new tool chest for my new tools. It'll be about $600." She says, "Just go ahead and do it. You need some where to store you new tools."

Don't know how I got so lucky. But it helps keep us poor...

Welcome to the forum!

And congrats on the JMP! I'm jealous!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Tim, The DJ-1 is in production at the moment. Call in to put your name on the wait list, we may have a few leftover from this production run.

Thanks for the props!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:01 PM

I really could have used the KM-1 today on a door I am making! Hopefully I can order one soon.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:08 PM

Put in your order for the KM-1 now... they're taking the preorders on the website. I'm thinking about upping my order from 1 to 2... One for the tablesaw for sure and one for my JMP.

Michael: Any eta on shipment of the blades? I'm dying here.... I have to walk out and look at this poor tool being neglecting because I don't have all the parts.

Good to know about the DJ-1... I'll give you guys a call here shortly and put my name on the waiting list in case anyone backs out or there are extras. It's a little overkill for the holes I typically drill in drums but being that accurate wouldn't hurt anything that's for sure!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 PM

Hey Mike, how long is the preorder going? I'm just waiting to get paid from a couple jobs before I can put in my preorder.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
Hey Mike, how long is the preorder going? I'm just waiting to get paid from a couple jobs before I can put in my preorder.
......the pre-order for the first batch of the KM-1 is till the 20th of this month.

Last edited by RogerSavatteri; 07-08-2009 at 09:30 PM.