talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America
Default Re: New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

OR, perhaps the "wood joints" are the red herrings and the tool is in fact a drill guide???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

However, if it is a drill guide I don't see a set screw to hold the drill bushings in place.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

I think perhaps the drill bit is a red herring.
You could be right, my first thought was drilling quide, but that doesn't quite fit.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:27 AM

hmmm,

It has dawned on me what it's use is.........................but my lips are sealed.

Peter........ your going to laugh when you realize it use esp after a prior discussion we had a while back.

Wayne...... you might have to move the "one you save" next to the other one you will use.

John...... for the size of what I think your shop is, you might want to keep one at each end unless you'll be getting a golf cart as a tool caddy.

Ron....... I see the drill bit being used but in a more lateral thinking way.

cheers,
,,,r

Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 AM

roger,

The one I save is only with the 2500 dollar SS plane.

The 59.00 tools, I can buy 2 to use...

Now I gotta go look at the pic again.

Kapex, Domino, Trion PS 300, RO 150, ETS 150/3, Deltex 93, 2 CT 33's, OF 1400, MFT/3...
Old 06-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

It has dawned on me what it's use is.........................but my lips are sealed.

C'mon, Roger, it's okay to share guesses, that's not inside info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerSavatteri View Post

John...... for the size of what I think your shop is, you might want to keep one at each end unless you'll be getting a golf cart as a tool caddy.

Hmmmm, a golf cart, I don't have one of those.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
C'mon, Roger, it's okay to share guesses, that's not inside info.
)
John,

After spending two days at Bridge City Tools and going through the entire development of the JMP I feel that I've been indoctrinated into the BCTW version of the Illuminati Society.
So, my Karma couldn't handle revealing it's inner secrets.

Besides, once you guess what it is, and follow it's logic..... it's no longer a guess.

ps. You could use get a ramped up battery for the golf cart with a conversion kit and drive the cart to your tools and plug into the cart and forget about the whole electrical install thing.

,,,,r

Old 06-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Founding Member

I think it's an expensive version of this: Trim Gauge with a drill guide included.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Founding Member

Roger,

I am highly upset with you. Are you a tFer or a BCTW Illuminati. We are all for one and one for all so like fess up dude and let us dumb people in on what she be.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Geez Roger! If you'd told me, I could have won one! Check out John's blog at BCT - someone figured out what it was, describing it with the obscure:

Use me once
and Ill flip for you.

Use me twice
and Ill be a-gap-ed,

Im a perfect device!

Apparently that was enough to win a prize...