talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: New Mystery Tool from Bridge City

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
That's a good thought. I can't remember the last time that I rode a train (in this country). What a crying shame we let the infrastructure go to bike trails.
Ron,

I have to say that without the train I would not have been able to make it up to Vermont last week to see my Step-Mom and Dad. I still had an hour ride in the car from Albany but that beat seven hours by a long shot.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 AM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post
Hmmm. Adjustable legs for a small table?

Nope, I figure that in a few weeks I'll triple my money from Eiji and a couple others that usually end up kicking themselves..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
So I haven't reached kervana yet?
Kervana, Kervana, You are lucky you are making it into fast food heaven.

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31
Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 AM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWest View Post
Ron,

I have to say that without the train I would not have been able to make it up to Vermont last week to see my Step-Mom and Dad. I still had an hour ride in the car from Albany but that beat seven hours by a long shot.

Fred
I'll look into that... every once in awhile you have a good idea...
Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, with Fred it's "every once". Not "once in a while"...
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 PM

John's blog spills the beans on the black chrome... CS-12 square with a long 45 degree arm and pretty black chrome
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

We must both not have enough work to do: I just started a thread on it: http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/non-fe...city-tool.html
Old 07-31-2009, 05:25 PM

Looks like the preorder gets a bit of extension now that there's a little outside interest I can't imagine sitting there going "I'd rather build that..." lol
Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 PM

Is John Economaki ONE FINE GENTLEMAN or what?!?

Kerfmaker - Perfect grooves with no trial and error - by treeman | LumberJocks.com :: woodworking community

His post:

Hi Folks;

John Economaki here (inventor of the Kerfmaker) just to chime in with a few thoughts.

First, we are thrilled with the reaction on this post to the functionality of this little tool—we had a lot of fun introducing it on my blog and it has a nickname “The Tool You Will Want Real Bad”. After all, it will allow you to do kerfect work! You can see our crazy posts at KM1 | John's Blog

It is not too late to get in on the intro price of $59—either give us a call 800-253-3332 or visit our website Bridge City Tool Works - Home

That said, because this tool has patent pending status and is copyrighted, Tony has opened up a little can of worms for himself regarding the copyright. So… what to do?

If you want to make one of these we would be happy to send you drawings and in exchange we ask that you make a suggested donation of $10 to the Roger Cliffe Memorial Fund at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. It is a woodworking scholarship fund for the economically disadvantaged—in this way everybody wins.

Johnson County Community Foundation
Attn Kim Minton
PO Box 217
Franklin IN 46131

RE: Roger Cliffe Memorial Fund/Bridge City

FYI, they only accept checks.

That seems fair and it is far better for all involved if we issue the drawings for obvious reasons.

Lastly, I am an advanced level woodworker and will share that to do this accurately you will spend the better part of a full day making this tool. In addition, as carefully mentioned by Tony, the parts are small so you must err on the side of caution.

Anyway, whether you get in on our intro deal, or make your own, we appreciate your interest and hope you appreciate our efforts to make accurate work easy.

Warm regards,

John Economaki
Inventor of “The Tool You Will Want Real Bad”
Bridge City Tool Works
Bridge City Tool Works - Home
Old 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM

I was definitely blown away when I read that... It was not the response you'd normally expect from someone who just had their patent pending design copied in a very public way. Given, this is a hand crafted and not mass produced copy but still.

Not every day you find a company willing to send you drawings in exchange for your tiny $10 donation to a charity that's for darn sure. Makes me happy to have my preorder in at such a great place.