talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 02:53 AM

Default Re: there they go again..... Bridge City Tools

John

With all these fine hand tools You have, how about making a nice tool cabinet to put them all in? You could start a work in progress thread in the projects area or You could send them all to me, and I'll use them to make a nice cabinet to put them in
Cheers!
Okami
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

With all these fine hand tools You have, how about making a nice tool cabinet to put them all in? You could start a work in progress thread in the projects area or You could send them all to me, and I'll use them to make a nice cabinet to put them in
Okami, how about a compromise?

You make a nice cabinet, and ship it to me.

Then I'll put the tools in it.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
OMG, I just found a DJ-1 sitting on my front porch.

Very, very nice!
Cool! Now you can drill holes in your Marcou!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
John

Cheers!
Okami
Very good idea Okami.
I am now finishing up my 2nd. shop cabinet. I used my Leigh jig to make the dovetails for the drawers but I would like to make another cabinet doing the dovetails by hand (I bought that same Japan woodworker saw that you used to do your beautiful dovetails). I figure cabinets for the shop are a great place to learn skills, that way I can explain away my mistakes "Ahhh, it's just a shop cabinet".
I surely could have put that Marcou plane to good use on this project John.
I plan to use my new drill jig to locate the drawer handle hardware holes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:24 PM

That sounds great Ron! I hope You take a few pictures and post them
I think the saw is a very good choice to start out cutting dovetails it's very easy to use. I like to cut the Tails first, then mark out the Pins from the Tails.
I'd really like to make a nice cabinet for hand tools...I also want to make another bench. Like You said Ron, shop cabinets and the like are perfect for learning new skills
I can't get that Marcou out of My head I was using my veritas planes today to shoot in some Cabinet doors. They shave very well, but after having a good look at these Marcou's, I'm left wondering what they must be like to use John, we need pictures of the Marcou making curlies:sdrool:
Cheers!
Okami
Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:

John, we need pictures of the Marcou making curlies:sdrool:
My new plane may not require electricity to work, but it does require wood, and I don't have any of that either.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

I figure cabinets for the shop are a great place to learn skills, that way I can explain away my mistakes "Ahhh, it's just a shop cabinet".
I couldn't agree more, Ron. And as soon as I get set up, I plan to spend months on shop cabinets. I figure there's no better way to get use to my machines.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:09 PM

Location: The northernmost end of the southernmost county of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
My new plane may not require electricity to work, but it does require wood, and I don't have any of that either.
Did you forget!?

There is a tree 104' 3" from your house.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKellough View Post

Did you forget!?

There is a tree 104' 3" from your house.
Good thinking, Michael, it's blocking my view anyway.

Maybe they'll leave town for Labor Day.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:44 AM

Location: 41N 79W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Quote:
That sounds great Ron! I hope You take a few pictures and post them
I think the saw is a very good choice to start out cutting dovetails it's very easy to use. I like to cut the Tails first, then mark out the Pins from the Tails.
I'd really like to make a nice cabinet for hand tools...I also want to make another bench. Like You said Ron, shop cabinets and the like are perfect for learning new skills
I can't get that Marcou out of My head I was using my veritas planes today to shoot in some Cabinet doors. They shave very well, but after having a good look at these Marcou's, I'm left wondering what they must be like to use John, we need pictures of the Marcou making curlies:sdrool:
Cheers!
Okami
I made this cabinet to hold my Leigh dovetail and FMT jigs (a drawer for each) plus six smaller drawers (3+3) above those two larger drawers. The overall height of the cabinet is 47" which with the FMT mounted on top will allow for some pretty long boards to cut the tenons. It also gets the dovetail jig up at a nice height to watch while cutting dovetails.

I agree on the Marcou planes. I just don't feel worthy yet. If I was at an "Okami" skill level that would be different. Actually I was talking with Fred & he mentioned that the smaller Marcou planes are under $350. each. That is still a lot of money but not considering Philip's craftsmanship that goes into them. I've read several books on planes & I had pretty much decided to get Veritas bevel up planes to learn but Philip's bevel up planes are looking mighty good also. Considering the quality work that you do everyday my expert opinion is that you deserve to treat yourself to at least one of them...